Tandem Hang Gliding Flight
Aerodrome WesMar, Orient, OH
April - November, weather permitting.
Weekends and some weekday evenings by appointment.
- U.S. Hang Gliding Association certified instructor
- Soar up to 2,000 feet above the ground
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Ohio countryside from high above the Earth
- Embrace the aeronautical freedom of this serene form of flight as you fly effortlessly through the sky
You'll be towed into the air by the carbon trike and released over 2,000 feet above the ground!
During the flight you may even have the chance to take the controls and see what it feels like to pilot the hang glider.
You'll be amazed by the grace of this aerial dance. Tandem hang gliding is truly a once in a life time experience!
Participants must weigh less than 230 pounds and be no taller than 6'5".
Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign a consent form. This experience is not recommended for children younger than 10 years old, as all participants must be able to fit safely into a harness.
Plan on being at the air strip for 1 hour, with approximately 15 minutes of flight time.
1 participant per flight
Spectators are encouraged to watch from the air strip
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions and closed toed shoes. Please note that the temperature drops about 4 degrees every 1,000 feet of altitude gain and there will be a 20-35 MPH wind chill that will effect mostly your face and hands.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider
How do I get in the air?
You will be towed aloft by either the "Scootzilla" winch to an altitude of between 400 and 1000 feet depending upon the wind conditions or aero towed by the Dragonfly tow plane to 2000 feet or good lift.
How do you steer the hang glider?
Control of the glider will be by your instructor via weight shift. To go right or left he will move his body right or left inside the control bar. To go faster or slower, he will pull through the control bar or push back from the control bar. All you have to do is hold on to your instructor so you both move as one unit.If you're feeling adventurous and want to try your hand at controlling the glider, you can have a chance to take the controls and see what it feels like to pilot the hang glider.
Other Cincinnati Gift Ideas:(View all 21 Cincinnati experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Stock Car Ride Along - Sparta, KYFrom: $149Avg Rating of: 5(7)
- Drive a Stock Car - Sparta, KYFrom: $530Avg Rating of: 3-half(2)
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $295
- Private Balloon Ride for 2From: $625
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(5)
- Intro to Hang Gliding CourseFrom: $180Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)
- Horseback Trail Ride (for 2+)From: $80Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- Stock Car Ride Along - MichiganFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 5(5)
- All Cincinnati Experiences
"The only real issue I had was that this experience is weather specific. Once I booked the flight I was then in contact with the pilot and we agreed that the weekend in question was not acceptable so he was able to reschedule until we had a weekend that worked to maximize the experience."