Burke Lakefront Airport - Cleveland, OH
Daily - 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
*Aircraft is currently undergoing maintenance and cannot be booked
- Learn from a knowledgeable and experienced FAA certified pilot
- Train aboard a Diamond Aircraft, one of the most popular training planes in the world
- Handle the controls while taking in views of the greater Cleveland Area including downtown and beautiful Lake Erie
- No experience necessary!
Have you always wondered what it would be like to sit in the pilot's seat of an airplane, take the controls, and soar into the deep blue? This Learn to Fly experience is for you!
Your hands-on flight lesson will begin with 15 minutes of ground school where you will learn the basics of controlling the aircraft and perform a pre-flight inspection.
After familiarizing yourself with the Diamond DA aircraft, completing ground school and the pre-flight inspection, it's time to take to the sky!
You'll take the controls of the aircraft for a majority of the flight with your FAA certified flight instructor every step of the way.
After landing, your instructor will enter your flight in an official pilot's logbook which you may keep either as a souvenir of this once-in-a-lifetime experience or as the beginning of your pilot license training.
Choose between the 2-seater, Diamond DA 20 for a solo flight with your pilot or 4-seater, Diamond DA 40 aircraft and bring up to 2 passengers.
Prepare for a memorable experience over the Greater Cleveland area and come learn to fly!
- Students under 18 must fly the Diamond DA 40 and be accompanied by an adult
- 1 student and up to 2 passengers can fly, depending on the option selected
- Student and passengers combined weight cannot exceed 400 pounds
For the 25 minute flight lesson, plan on being at the airport for approximately 1 hour. For the 40 minute flight lesson, plan on being at the airport for approximately 1.5 - 2 hours.
One student will fly with the pilot in the Diamond DA 20. If you choose the Diamond DA 40 aircraft, the student can bring up to two passengers. The combined total weight of the student and additional passengers must be no more than 400 lbs.
Spectators are welcome to take photos at the airport and view the take-off and landing.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the pilot.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions; flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and/or rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What do I need to bring with me?
All passengers will need to bring a government issued valid form of identification.
Do I need experience?
No experience is necessary for this experience! Bring your sense of adventure and get ready to fly!
Other Cleveland Gift Ideas:(View all 24 Cleveland experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a CessnaAvg Rating of: 4-half(2)From: $162
- Learn to Fly a Diamond AircraftAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $135
- NASCAR Ride Along - MichiganFrom: $109
- Drive a NASCAR Stock Car - MichiganFrom: $538
- Hot Air Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $250
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- West Side Market Tour (For 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $84
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseFrom: $58
- Tandem SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $229
- All Cleveland Experiences
"Thought the plane was a little too small, arm was pressed against the door, and could not move very well."
"The advertisement was for the 'Diamond' experience. When we arrived, we were not afforded the option of flying in a Diamond aircraft. My wife paid a substantial amount of money and we had expectations based on the advertisement."
"Awesome experience! Will definitely do it again and purchase from Cloud 9 Living again!"