Michigan Int'l Speedway - Brooklyn, MI
Select Dates Only:
Friday - June 23, 2017
Saturday - June 24, 2017
Sunday - June 25, 2017
- Full size, 600-horsepower Sprint Cup style stock cars
- Hit speeds up to 160 MPH
- Includes racing suit, helmet and driving instruction
- Options ranging from 8 to 30 laps of racing (don't worry, even 8 laps is a long time at 160 MPH!)
- Receive a graduation pack including a detailed lap time sheet and a certificate with your top speed
Take command of the wheel and experience first-hand the thrill and excitement of driving a Sprint Cup style stock car.
Your experience will start with a safety overview and driving instruction teaching you how to master the track's driving line, acceleration and deceleration points, and proper following distances. Next you'll learn about the cars including shifting patterns, safety devices and more.
Now it's the time to climb in, strap up and take control of your stock car! You'll hear those famous words "Drivers- Start Your Engines!" and then experience an adrenaline rush only known to the drivers in the racing world.
To ensure you get the most out of your driving experience, you'll have your own personal racing instructor riding in the passenger seat providing you with feedback and coaching via a two-way open mic radio system.
Upon completion of your laps, there will be a Closing Ceremony where you'll receive a graduation pack including a detailed lap-time sheet, and an official graduation certificate showing your name, date and estimated top speed reached.
About the track:
The Michigan International Speedway is a 2-mile, D-shaped speedway in Southeastern Michigan. The track is also known as the "Sister Track" to Texas World Speedway. With wide sweeping corners and long straightaways, races on the Michigan International Speedway have hit speeds in excess of 200 MPH.
- Participants must be in good overall physical condition and be able to climb through a 15" x 30" wide window that sits 36" from the ground
- Driving suits are available up to size 4XL
- Participants must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver's license
- All participants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- It's recommended to be able to drive a manual (stick shift) transmission, but a push-start is available if needed
- Photo and In-Car Video DVDs are available for purchase at the track
- Photo packages start at approximately $20 and DVDs at $89
- Experience price includes $39 driver's fee that releases the driver from any liability "...for most damage caused to the car resulting from and incident/crash at the track. Only in the event that a driver intentionally or negligently fails to follow instructions which leads to an incident/crash will the racing school seek financial recompense for resulting damage to the vehicle"
For 8 Lap packages, approximately 2.5 - 3 hours For 16 Lap packages, approximately 3 - 3.5 hours For 24 Lap packages, approximately 3 - 4 hours
1 per car
Absolutely! The track has a special seating area set up where family and friends can watch, and don't forget a camera to capture your experience!
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact your experience provider in the event of inclement weather. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, you will be given the option to reschedule for a mutually agreeable date or be issued a rain certificate.
What to Wear:
Comfortable, weather appropriate attire that will be comfortable under your driver's suit, and closed toed shoes. No sandals, flip-flops or heels.
For this experience we recommend booking at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final. No refunds or exchanges are allowed once you have scheduled a date. For rescheduling more than 30 days prior to your scheduled experience date, a $75 fee will be charged. No cancellations or rescheduling may be made less than 30 days prior to your scheduled experience date.
What types of cars are used?
600 horsepower Sprint Cup style stock cars that have 4 speed manual transmissions.
Is passing allowed?
For safety and liability reasons passing is not allowed. There are 3-4 cars on the track at one time but everyone is spread apart. The coordinator keeps tracks of each car's individual speed and times/choreographs everything so that the faster car will not be held up by the slower one.
What is provided and what do I need to bring?
All participants are provided with a regulation helmet and safety device, as well as a driver's suit. Participants need to wear socks, closed-toed shoes, and clothes that will be comfortable under the driver's suit.
Are there weight or height restrictions?
Not exactly; however, the cars do not have doors. Participants must have the ability to climb through a 15" high by 30" wide window that sits 36" from the ground. Driving suits are available up to size 3XL.
Are there age restrictions?
Participants must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver's license, and must be able to drive a manual (stick shift) transmission.
Are foods or beverages available at the track?
Snacks and refreshments are available for purchase at the merchandise trailer.
Are any photo or video packages of my experience available?
Yes, DVDs of your experience taken from an in-car video camera are available for purchase directly at the track starting at approximately $89, and photo packages of your experience are available starting at approximately $20.
Can I bring guests?
Friends and family are more than welcome. The more the merrier! There is a viewing area right behind pit road where they can watch. They are also welcome to bring their cameras and camcorders with them to take pictures and video from that viewing area.
Other Columbus Gift Ideas:(View all 30 Columbus experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $119
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $285
- Tandem Hang Gliding FlightAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $150
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Dessert Tour (for 2+)From: $119
- Short North Food Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(3)From: $123
- Grandview Avenue Food Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4(2)From: $117
- Ethnic Eats Food Tour (for 2+)From: $129
- Old Worthington Food Tour (for 2+)From: $117
- All Columbus Experiences