Daily - 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
Take to the skies in a Cessna 172, the most popular training aircraft in the world, and Learn to Fly near Columbus!
- Fly with a knowledgeable and experienced FAA Certified Flight Instructor
- Complete the pre-flight checklist then fly for approximately 40 minutes
- Your Flight Instructor will take off and land, but you'll handle the controls for most of the flight
- No experience necessary!
Sit in the pilot's seat of an airplane, take the controls and soar high above Ohio on a Learn to Fly near Columbus!
Your hands-on flight lesson will begin with ground school where you'll learn the basics of controlling the aircraft and perform a pre-flight inspection. After familiarizing yourself with the plane it's time to take to the sky!
You'll take the controls of a Cessna 172 for a majority of the 40-minute flight with your FAA Certified Flight Instructor by your side every step of the way. Bring a friend with you to share the experience!
Feel the thrill of flying and consider this your first official flight lesson when you Learn to Fly a Cessna near Columbus!
- Individual participants may not exceed 300 pounds
- The combined total weight of all passengers may not exceed 500 pounds
- No flying experience necessary
- Participants must present a valid form of ID
Participants can expect to be at the airport for up to 1.5 hours. The flight time from engine start to engine stop is approximately 40 minutes.
This experience is for 1 student and up to 1 passenger, pending weight restrictions.
Spectators are welcome to take photos at the airport and view the take-off and landing.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the Pilot.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions; flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and/or rescheduling are allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What type of plane will we fly?
You will fly a Cessna 172. It is one of the most popular training aircrafts in the world.
How long is the flight?
This flight is approximately 40 minutes from engine start to engine stop.
Are there any age or weight requirement?
Yes, students must be at least 16 years of age. Anyone under the age of 18 must have parental consent. The individual weight of one passenger may not exceed 300 pounds and the combined weight of both a student and a passenger cannot exceed 500 pounds.
What if the weather is bad?
In the event of inclement weather, you will work directly with your pilot to reschedule. Always contact your experience provider with any concerns regarding weather conditions.
Other Columbus Gift Ideas:(View all 26 Columbus experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $119
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $285
- Tandem Hang Gliding FlightAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $150
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Dessert Tour (for 2+)From: $119
- Ethnic Eats Food Tour (for 2+)From: $129
- Taco Truck Food Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(1)From: $119
- NASCAR Ride Along - MichiganFrom: $109
- Drive a NASCAR Stock Car - MichiganFrom: $538
- All Columbus Experiences
"We had an amazing time with Sundowner Aviation. Highly professional, punctual and informative experience. I highly recommend this experience to anyone interested in learning to fly!"
"The instructor (Jason) was amazing! He really made the experience. I would highly recommend this to others (and already have)!"