Tandem Hang Gliding Flight
Aerodrome WesMar - Orient, OH
April - November, weather permitting.
Weekends and some weekday evenings by appointment.
- U.S. Hang Gliding Association certified instructor
- Soar up to 2,000 feet above the ground
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Ohio countryside from high above the Earth
- Embrace the aeronautical freedom of this serene form of flight as you fly effortlessly through the sky
You'll be towed into the air by the carbon trike and released 1,000-2,000 feet above the ground!
During the flight you may even have the chance to take the controls and see what it feels like to pilot the hang glider.
You'll be amazed by the grace of this aerial dance. Tandem hang gliding is truly a once in a life time experience!
Participants must weigh less than 230 pounds and be no taller than 6'5".
Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign a consent form. This experience is not recommended for children younger than 10 years old, as all participants must be able to fit safely into a harness.
Plan on being at the air strip for 1 hour, with approximately 15 minutes of flight time.
1 participant per flight
Spectators are encouraged to watch from the air strip
This experience is very weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of unfavorable weather, your experience provider will work with you to reschedule your flight for a mutually convenient day.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions and closed toed shoes. Please note that the temperature drops about 4 degrees every 1,000 feet of altitude gain and there will be a 20-35 MPH wind chill that will effect mostly your face and hands.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider
Other Columbus Gift Ideas:(View all 30 Columbus experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $285
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $119
- Tandem Hang Gliding FlightAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $150
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Dessert Tour (for 2+)From: $119
- Grandview Avenue Food Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4(2)From: $117
- Short North Food Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(3)From: $123
- Ethnic Eats Food Tour (for 2+)From: $129
- Old Worthington Food Tour (for 2+)From: $117
- All Columbus Experiences
"LOVED this experience. I gave it as a gift and then bought one for myself too. I look forward to going another time!"
"My pilot did a great job!!"
"John was an awesome pilot, and everyone there treated us very well. We were made to feel very welcome. I would definitely recommend this experience."