Candlewood Lake Helicopter Tour
Danbury Municipal Airport - Danbury, CT
Mondays - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Wesnesday through Saturday - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Fly with an FAA Certified pilot for this approximately 30-minute tour
- Travel nearly 45 miles in a Robinson R-44 helicopter which can accommodate up to 3 passengers (pending weight restrictions)
- Aerial tour may include views of the historic towns of New Fairfield, Sherman, New Milford and the Housatonic River
- Enjoy an unbeatable bird's eye view of Candlewood Lake!
Candlewood Lake is a popular destination among Connecticut natives and New Yorkers alike. In the summer, lake goers enjoy boating, swimming, fishing, and golfing at the many resorts along the shoreline. With this scenic helicopter tour, you will enjoy unparalleled views of the lake and see just how vast Candlewood Lake really is.
Your tour will begin at the Danbury Municipal Airport where you will meet your FAA Certified pilot and guide. Before lift-off, your pilot will give you a quick ground safety briefing so everyone is safe and familiar with all of the protocols. Next, you will climb aboard a Robinson R-44 helicopter and embark on your journey!
Flying high above the Connecticut countryside, some memorable sights on the approximately 30-minute flight may include (subject to change):
- New Fairfield
- New Milford
- Views of the Housatonic River
- Participants must weigh less than 240 pounds individually with the total combined weight limit of 480 pounds
- Participants must have a valid photo ID
- Parental consent form must be signed for passengers under 18 years old
Plan to be at the airport for a total of 45-50 minutes with approximately 30 minutes of flight time (engine start to engine stop).
The combined passenger weight restriction for this tour is 480 pounds. Typically, this accommodates 2 adults and 1 child. If within the combined weight restrictions, 3 adults could participate.
This experience is for participants only
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Sunglasses and camera are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather or aircraft maintenance, you will reschedule your experience directly with the experience provider.
Are there weight restrictions for this tour?
Yes. Individual passengers must not exceed 240 pounds. The combined weight limit is 480 pounds. Typically, a tour can accommodate 2 adults and 1 child, but 3 adults could fit if they are within the combined weight restrictions.
What happens if the weather is bad?
If the flight gets cancelled due to the weather, participants may reschedule the experience at no additional costs. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
Other Connecticut Gift Ideas:(View all 20 Connecticut experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $118
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(24)From: $199
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $149
- Lobster Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $99
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $282
- Sunday Brunch SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $82
- Tall Ship Lunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $77
- Downtown New Haven Food TourFrom: $70
- Canal Quarter Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $70
- All Connecticut Experiences