Hartford-Brainard Airport - Hartford, CT
Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot and aircraft availability
- Fly a plane under the watchful eye of your highly-qualified, FAA Certified Flight Instructor
- Take the controls and practice basic maneuvers aboard a Piper Warrior or Cessna 172
- 1-hour lesson includes an approximately 30-minute briefing on the ground and about 30 minutes of flight time
- Enjoy views of the Connecticut River as you fly off into the horizon!
Discover the joy of flying with this introductory flight lesson. Soar above the Hartford skyline, as you take in the scenery and actually get the chance to fly the plane.
This approximately 1-hour lesson will start with a pre-flight inspection of the airplane. Your FAA Certified Instructor will familiarize you with the aircraft and show you how it works. Next, you'll climb on board either a Cessna 172 or a Piper Warrior and taxi down the runway. Your instructor will handle take off and landing, but once in the air... it's all you! During the approximately 30-minute flight, you will learn the basic controls of the aircraft and how to properly maneuver and fly the plane.
Your first flight is truly an exhilarating and unforgettable experience. As an added bonus, you may bring 1 friend along for the ride! You'll both be talking about this flight for years to come.
- Participants must be at least 16 years old and at least 4 feet tall
- Individual participants must not exceed 300 pounds and combined weight of two participants cannot exceed 500 pounds
- All participants and guests will be required to sign a liability waiver
- Valid government-issued picture ID is required to fly
1-hour lesson with approximately 30 minutes of flight time (engine start to engine stop)
The plane can hold 1 student and 1 passenger, however, the total weight of both the student and the passenger cannot exceed 500 pounds.
Friends and family are welcome to watch take-off and landing from within the terminal building
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Closed-toe shoes are required and sunglasses are highly recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed with at least 72 hours notice to your experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Are there any weight restrictions?
Individual participants must be under 300 pounds.
Can I bring a passenger?
Yes, students are allowed to bring 1 passenger along for the ride!
What if my flight is cancelled due to weather?
This experience is weather dependent. In the event your flight is canceled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
Other Connecticut Gift Ideas:(View all 18 Connecticut experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $118
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(24)From: $199
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $149
- Lobster Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $96
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $282
- Sunday Brunch SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $80
- Tall Ship Lunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $75
- Downtown New Haven Food TourFrom: $59
- Canal Quarter Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $59
- All Connecticut Experiences