Learn to Fly a Helicopter
Danbury Municipal Airport - Danbury, CT
Mondays - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Wednesday through Saturday -8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Learn to fly with an FAA Certified Flight Instructor at your side in a Robinson R-44 helicopter
- Try your hand at basic maneuvers which may include straight and level flight, turns, and hovering
- Introductory flight includes 15-minute ground briefing and approximately 30 or 60 minutes of flight time, depending on the option selected
- Share the experience with up to 2 friends, pending weight restrictions
- No previous flight experience necessary!
It's time to make your dreams come true with this introductory flight lesson in Connecticut!
Your lesson will begin when you meet your friendly FAA Certified Flight Instructor. Together, you will review helicopter flight controls, flying techniques, and safety procedures during the approximately 15-minute pre-flight ground briefing.
Next, you and your instructor will climb into one of the most popular flight training helicopters in the world, the Robinson R-44. Your pilot will handle take-off and landing but mid-air, you'll take control of the helicopter and learn how the professionals fly on an everyday basis. You'll even test out a few basic maneuvers! Depending on the flight selected, you will have approximately 30 or 60 minutes to practice turns, hovering, and level flight.
Your first flight is sure to be a memorable experience. Bring along up to 2 friends and/or loved ones (pending combined weight restrictions) to share these memories with you!
- Participants must weigh less than 240 pounds individually with the total combined weight limit of 480 pounds
- Valid photo ID is required for participants
- Participants must be 14 years or older
- Parental consent form must be signed for students under 18 years old
- No experience necessary
Participants can expect to be at the airport for approximately 1-1.5 hours, depending on the option selected (approximately 30 or 60 minutes of flight time).
The combined passenger weight restriction for this tour is 480 pounds. Typically, this accommodates 2 adults (1 student and 1 passenger) but a third passenger is welcome if the group does not exceed the combined weight restriction.
This experience is for participants only.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Please avoid wearing any loose articles of clothing (i.e. scarfs, hats, etc.) which could fly away around spinning rotors. Sunglasses are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather or aircraft maintenance, you will reschedule your experience directly with the experience provider.
Do I need previous flight experience?
No experience is necessary. This flight is an introduction to the joys of flying and is intended for first-time flyers.
Can I bring along a passenger?
Yes! You are welcome to bring along up to 2 passengers, provided the group (student and passengers) does not exceed the combined weight limit of 480 pounds. Individual passenger weights cannot exceed 240 pounds.
What should I bring with me?
Please be sure to bring a valid, government-issued ID with you on the day of your flight.
What if my flight is canceled due to weather?
We always recommend contacting your pilot on the day of your experience if you have any concerns regarding weather. In the event your flight is canceled due to weather you can reschedule directly with your pilot.
Other Connecticut Gift Ideas:(View all 18 Connecticut experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $118
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(24)From: $199
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $149
- Lobster Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $96
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $282
- Sunday Brunch SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $80
- Tall Ship Lunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $75
- Downtown New Haven Food TourFrom: $59
- Canal Quarter Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $59
- All Connecticut Experiences