City Pier - New London, CT
Late June through early September:
Select Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays - 5:00 PM
Click here for schedule
- Originally built in 1967, the 103-foot Mystic Whaler carries 3,000 square feet of sail and meets all Coast Guard standards for safety
- Explore the scenic waters, lighthouses and coastlines of Fisher's Island Sound as the sun sets
- Dinner includes 1 1/4 pound steamed lobster, clam chowder, cole slaw, dinner Rolls and dessert
Enjoy a hearty New England Lobster Dinner while you sail into the sunset aboard the tall ship, Mystic Whaler. Built in 1967 and renovated in 1993, the Mystic Whaler measures 83 feet on deck, 103 feet in length and carries 3,000 square feet of sail.
Your voyage will begin with an underway tour of the Thames River overlooked by Fort Trumbull and Fort Griswold. Avery Point and Ledge Light Lighthouses protect it's entrance.
Learn the history of surrounding islands and lighthouses while hauling a line, taking a turn at the wheel or plotting your course.
Don't forget the best part - a Lobster Dinner!
- Children must be at least 5 years old
- Vegetarian meals are available with advance notice
- Coffee, tea, hot cocoa, lemonade and water are included
- Alcohol beverages can be brought on board; excessive use is not permitted
- Gratuity is not included, but appreciated if you enjoyed your experience
There will be up to 50 people on this cruise.
Only booked participants will be on the cruise.
This experience will run rain or shine. The Captain and crew are dedicated to providing a safe, enjoyable and memorable sailing adventure in all kinds of weather. In the event of a cancellation due to inclement weather, passengers will receive a 1 year rescheduling certificate.
What to Wear:
Dress is very casual on the Mystic Whaler. Please prepare for warm days, cool nights and a stiff breeze. Bring a swimsuit and beach towel; the boat may anchor for swimming. No special boat shoes are required.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience and are subject to a $10 cancellation fee. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Where will we go?
The cruise begins with a narrated tour of the Thames River's historic waterfront, including famous forts and lighthouses. You will then explore the waters of Fisher's Island Sound.
What if it rains?
This dinner cruise will run rain or shine. Tarps are raised over the decks so guests can enjoy the view and stay dry. The captain and crew always strive to provide a fun and memorable sailing experience in any type of weather. In the event of hazardous weather conditions, the captain will make the decision to remain in port until the conditions improve. Passengers' safety and comfort are the number 1 priority.
Will I get seasick?
The Mystic Whaler typically experiences very calm waters and motion comparable to riding in a tour bus. However, there are no motion sickness remedies on board. If you are concerned about your comfort, please choose a method that best suits your needs.
What if I am allergic to shellfish?
Vegetarian and non-shellfish meals are available upon request. Please notify Cloud 9 Living of any food allergies or restrictions upon booking.
Other Connecticut Gift Ideas:(View all 19 Connecticut experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $118
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $282
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(23)From: $289
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $89
- Lobster Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $96
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Downtown New Haven Food TourFrom: $59
- Canal Quarter Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $59
- Sunday Brunch SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $80
- All Connecticut Experiences
"Had a wonderful time! Can't wait to go again."
"The crew was friendly and knowledgeable. The food was great. The cruise was enjoyable. An experience we can heartily recommend to all. "
"The ride on the boat was nice. Not as comfortable as we expected. Seating was difficult. 3 hours and nowhere to rest your back. Lobster was a bit difficult to eat without any kind of tables to put it on. Thought it was quite messy. Did not think it was worth the price at all. The utensils looked old and tarnished. Paper plates didn't work well with lobster and the mugs looked like they came from different tag sales. The clam chowder was excellent. It was something different to do, but we would not recommend it. "