City Pier - New London, CT
Late-June through Mid-September:
Select Sundays - 11:00 AM
Click here for schedule
Navigate the coastline of Fishers Island Sound aboard the Mystic Whaler, an authentic 110-foot schooner on this 3-hour Sunday Brunch Sail!
- Explore the scenic waters, lighthouses and coastlines of Fishers Island Sound
- Originally built in 1967, the Mystic Whaler carries 3,000 square feet of sail and meets all Coast Guard standards for safety
- Enjoy a delicious brunch menu, coffee and more
- Looking to sail on a Saturday or a weekday? Check out our Tall Ship Lunch Cruise!
Cruise along the gorgeous coastline of Fishers Island Sound while you enjoy Sunday Brunch on this memorable sailing adventure!
Board the Mystic Whaler, an impressive 110-foot schooner, and help raise the sails before leaving port for a 3-hour cruise. Enjoy a variety of delicious brunch items and coffee while you take in views of Fort Trumbull, Fort Griswold, Ledge Light and Avery Point lighthouses.
Test your skills as a Captain when you handle the wooden ship's wheel or simply sit back, take in the views and enjoy the relaxing time on the water!
- Children must be at least 5 years old
- Sail includes brunch menu
- Coffee, tea, hot cocoa, lemonade and water are included
- Alcoholic beverages can be brought on board, however excessive use is not permitted
- Gratuity is not included, but appreciated if you enjoyed your experience
There may be up to 50 passengers on this cruise.
This experience is only for those on cruise.
This experience will run rain or shine. The captain and crew are dedicated to providing a safe, enjoyable and memorable sailing adventure in all kinds of weather. In the event of a cancellation due to inclement weather, passengers will receive a certificate in which they can use to reschedule the cruise within 1 year.
What to Wear:
Dress is very casual on the Mystic Whaler. Please prepare for warm days and a stiff breeze. Bring a swimsuit and beach towel; the boat may anchor for swimming. Soft-soled shoes are best for comfort and safety on board.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience and are subject to a $10 cancellation fee. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Where will we go?
The cruise begins with a narrated tour of the Thames River's historic waterfront, including famous forts and lighthouses. You will then explore the waters of Fisher's Island Sound.
What type of food is served?
The menu varies, but may include:
fruit salad, smoked salmon with cream cheese, lobster and broccoli quiche, squash apple salad, fresh baked rolls and cheese cake. *Please note that this menu is subject to change.
What if it rains?
This brunch cruise will run rain or shine. Tarps are raised over the decks so guests can enjoy the view and stay dry. The captain and crew always strive to provide a fun and memorable sailing experience in any type of weather. In the event of hazardous weather conditions, the captain will make the decision to remain in port until the conditions improve. Passengers' safety and comfort are the number 1 priority.
Will I get seasick?
The Mystic Whaler typically experiences very calm waters and motion comparable to riding in a tour bus. However, there are no motion sickness remedies on board. If you are concerned about your comfort, please choose a method that best suits your needs.
What if I am a vegetarian?
This cruise also offers a vegetarian meal option upon request. Please notify Cloud 9 Living of any food allergies or restrictions upon booking.
Other Connecticut Gift Ideas:(View all 20 Connecticut experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $118
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(24)From: $199
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $149
- Lobster Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $99
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $282
- Sunday Brunch SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $82
- Tall Ship Lunch CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $77
- Downtown New Haven Food TourFrom: $70
- Canal Quarter Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $70
- All Connecticut Experiences
"The one complaint is I am gluten free. I wrote a message with the original reservation, but unfortunately the crew onboard was not familiar with my diet. There were hardly any gf options, so I ate fruit. I was pretty disappointed with the lack of care, I would have liked to be warned at least, if they could not accommodate."
"This was a birthday present and I couldn't be happier. My wife and I had a wonderful, relaxing time."
"The Captain and crew of the Mystic Whaler were fabulous! It was a great experience and I would definitely go back for another cruise. In fact I want to do one of the overnight cruises next year!"