City Pier - New London, CT
Late June through early September:
Select Dates - 11:00 AM
Click here for schedule
- Originally built in 1967, the 110-foot Mystic Whaler carries 3,000 square feet of sail and meets all Coast Guard standards for safety
- Explore the scenic waters, lighthouses and coastlines of Fishers Island Sound during this relaxing lunch cruise
- Enjoy a hearty lunch including grilled chicken , clam chowder, fresh bread, side salad and dessert
- Looking for a relaxing Sunday afternoon sail, check out our Sunday Brunch Sail!
Experience a sailing adventure that you'll remember forever as you board the tall ship, Mystic Whaler, and cruise the coastlines of Fishers Island Sound. Built in 1967 and renovated in 1993, the Mystic Whaler measures 83 feet on deck, 110 feet in length and carries 3,000 square feet of sail.
Your voyage will begin with an underway tour of the Thames River overlooked by Fort Trumbull and Fort Griswold. Ledge Light and Avery Point lighthouses protect it's entrance.
Learn the history of surrounding islands and lighthouses while hauling a line, taking a turn at the wheel or plotting your course. After a delicious lunch,finish that book you've been meaning to read or just kick back and relax!
- Children must be at least 5 years old
- Lunch includes grilled chicken or veggie burger, clam chowder, fresh bread, side salad and dessert
- Beverages include coffee, tea, hot cocoa, lemonade and water
- Alcohol beverages can be brought on board; excessive use is not permitted
- Gratuity is not included, but appreciated if you enjoyed your experience
There will be up to 50 people on this cruise.
This is only for those on the cruise.
This experience will run rain or shine. The captain and crew are dedicated to providing a safe, enjoyable and memorable sailing adventure in all kinds of weather. In the event of a cancellation due to inclement weather, passengers will receive a certificate to reschedule within 1 year.
What to Wear:
Dress is very casual on the Mystic Whaler. Please prepare for warm days under the sun and a strong breeze. Bring a swimsuit and beach towel; the boat may anchor for swimming. Soft-soled shoes are best for comfort and safety on board.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience and are subject to a $10 cancellation fee. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Where will we go?
The cruise begins with a narrated tour of the Thames River's historic waterfront, including famous forts and lighthouses. You will then explore the waters of Fisher's Island Sound.
What if it rains?
This dinner cruise will run rain or shine. Tarps are raised over the decks so guests can enjoy the view and stay dry. The captain and crew always strive to provide a fun and memorable sailing experience in any type of weather. In the event of hazardous weather conditions, the captain will make the decision to remain in port until the conditions improve. Passengers' safety and comfort are the number 1 priority.
Will I get seasick?
The Mystic Whaler typically experiences very calm waters and motion comparable to riding in a tour bus. However, there are no motion sickness remedies on board. If you are concerned about your comfort, please choose a method that best suits your needs.
What if I am a vegetarian?
This cruise also offers a vegetarian meal option upon request. Please notify Cloud 9 Living of any food allergies or restrictions upon booking.
Other Connecticut Gift Ideas:(View all 19 Connecticut experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $118
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $282
- Drive a Stock CarAvg Rating of: 4-half(24)From: $289
- Stock Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $89
- Lobster Dinner CruiseAvg Rating of: 5(17)From: $96
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Downtown New Haven Food TourFrom: $59
- Canal Quarter Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $59
- Sunday Brunch SailAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $80
- All Connecticut Experiences
"It was great. The captain and crew were wonderful. The food was great. Altogether a wonderful experience."
"The crew was very friendly and knowledgeable. It was very relaxing, and the cruise we went on wasn't over-crowded. The food was excellent. I would definitely recommend it."