New Caney, TX & select cities nationwide
Select dates year-round:
Click Here for Schedule
- The owner is a professional rodeo rider and 1 of only 4 to qualify in bare back, saddle bronc and bull riding
- School has over 30 years of experience teaching both beginners and competitors
- Classroom lessons and actual riding is catered to your age, ability and level of ambition
- Learn during 3 days of exercises, lessons and riding to see if you can last more than 8 seconds on the bull!
If you've ever dreamed of sitting on top of a rodeo's biggest challenge, Bull Riding, this is the opportunity you've been waiting for.
During this 3-day experience, you'll be in the center of the action in a very structured and planned program that fits you with livestock that meets your age, athletic ability, energy, and ambitions.
This school gives the beginner (no experience needed, just desire) the fastest, smartest, most affordable and safest start possible in the sport and gives the experienced competitor fine-tuning and ongoing support to take their efforts to the next level.
Through drills, training exercises, classroom sessions and of course riding, you will learn exactly what it takes to master the art of bull riding.
This experience will include:
- Quality facilities in a number of locations around the country
- Professional instruction and encouragement
- Video Tape Instant Replay and the option to purchase copies of the video when the adventure is over
- A complete set of Professional Rodeo Equipment is supplied for each participant to use for free during the clinics
- Discounted rates when choosing to purchase necessary bull riding items
- Bull Rope, Bull Riding Spur Package, Bull Rope Pad, Bull Rope Bag, Bull Riding Glove, Gear Bag, Bell Strap & 2 Bull Bells, Rosin & Rosin Bag, Boot Straps, Rodeo Chaps, Protective Helmet (optional), "Brain Pad" Mouth Piece and Professional Bull Riding Protective Vest
- No experience necessary
- Participants should be at least 14 years of age and MUST have medical insurance
- Professional Rodeo equipment is provided
- Lodging is included (Only in New Caney, TX and Zolfo Springs, FL locations)
- Meals can be purchased on-site
The course will last approximately 3 full days.
School sizes will vary
Family members and friends are welcome to come to watch and take pictures.
This experience is weather dependent at some locations. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Participants must wear a western-style boot with at least a walking heel: no ropers, lace ups, high tops or rubber soles are allowed.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 21 days in advance. Bookings confirmed within 14 days of your course will incur an additional $50 fee.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Cancellations or rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel or reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event that your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with your experience provider.
Do you provide equipment or do we have to bring our own?
If you do not have equipment, the school will provide a full line of Pro Rodeo equipment for free as needed, excluding boots. If you have your own gear and would like to use it, you can bring it to the rodeo for inspection. The instructors will help tune it up if needed and make sure it is up to par with competition standards. If you are interested in purchasing equipment, the school will have a full line of Pro Rodeo equipment for sale on site.
Are meals and lodging provided as part of the tuition?
Lodging is only provided for students at the New Caney, TX and Zolfo Springs, FL locations. The lodging is on the grounds and is a facility with cots (bring a sleeping bag) and showers. Meals are served on the grounds for a reasonable concession fee. In Rose Hill, KS there is now a bunk house that has a shower, stove, refrigerator, TV, DVD player, and a microwave. The cost is $15 per night and students must bring their own sleeping bags and towels.This facility is located right on the grounds but can only accommodate the first 9 students to sign up for lodging.
At all other locations, the school has area lodging, some of which provide student discounts. The school will send you lodging contact information along with directions and other essential student info when you sign up for a school.
What is the risk of injury at the school?
When you deal with livestock the size of rodeo animals there's no way to promise the elimination of all potential injuries, but our experience provider does have the highest and best safety rating in the sport. They have been chosen to do the safety seminars for Pro Rodeo, the National High School Rodeo Association, the National Little Britches Rodeo Association, The American Jr. Rodeo Association, and more.
The experience provider will match the quality and caliber of livestock (from beginner stock to pro stock for those who need it... and everything in between) with the student's age, experience, physical condition, athletic ability, and ambitions as closely as possible. PLEASE NOTE: The school is not dealing with trained animals and cannot make you an athlete, change your physical condition or your mental state in only a 3-day training session. They do their best to put you on the stock best suited for your ability and will always advise when you need more drills or training sessions.
The provider also uses the best safety gear in the sport including the best and most-used protective vests, helmets, the "Brain Pad" mouth guards, quality riggings, saddles, and bull ropes. By doing so, they're rate and severity of injuries is far below that of what you'll see in any rodeo or rodeo association.
Can you attend only one or two days of a school?
Yes, but the tuition will not change for the school and you should be there for the first day as it is very important. The instructors will do their best to catch you up if you have no other option but to come late, but the first half of the first day is when students get equipment set up and ready to go, learn how to use the gear and go over all of the ride essentials and safety concepts for each event.
You must be there the first day or allow time to get caught up if you can't be there. After the first day, you may choose whether or not to attend the remaining sessions.
What type of boots do I need to wear?
About any type of western-style boots will work. Try to wear boots that have a relatively flat shank, fit well and aren't too bulky. It is important to note that they don't have to be flat but would be better if they aren't too radical.
Other Dallas Gift Ideas:(View all 28 Dallas experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- NASCAR Ride AlongFrom: $130Avg Rating of: 4-half(38)
- NASCAR Racing ExperienceFrom: $499Avg Rating of: 5(13)
- Fly a HelicopterFrom: $315Avg Rating of: 5(10)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $275Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(5)
- Aerobatic Biplane Thrill RideFrom: $349Avg Rating of: 4-half(5)
- Gondola Dinner Cruise for 2From: $320
- Gondola Lunch Cruise for 2From: $198Avg Rating of: 3(2)
- All Dallas Experiences