Wednesday through Saturday - daylight hours
Let your inner child discover what it would be like to work on a construction site and Play with Heavy Machinery!
- Work your way through activities and obstacles based on your selected piece of equipment
- Featured on Shark Tank and named a top attraction in North Texas by TripAdvisor
- Experience takes place at one of the few recreational heavy equipment adventure playgrounds in the U.S.
- No experience necessary, only the desire to have an amazing time!
Climb behind the controls of heavy equipment and into an adult-sized sandbox where you can dig, doze, or dump to your heart's content!
At the time of booking you will select one piece of equipment to control during your experience: Excavator, Bulldozer, or Wheel Loader.
Your adventure begins with a short safety training program and equipment overview. After being fitted with hands-free radio communication between you and your instructor, you are ready take the controls!
Your experience takes place on an undeveloped "jobsite", where you will test your hand eye coordination and skill. Your activities and obstacles will depend on the type of machinery selected.
It feels just like a real construction site, only more fun!
Classic Sandbox for 1 Participant:
At the time of booking you will choose one piece of equipment to control during your experience: Excavator, Bulldozer, or Wheel Loader.
Classic Sandbox for 2 Participants:
Select our option for 2 participants if you would like to split your experience time with a friend.
- No experience necessary
- Participants must be at least 14 years of age.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Children are not allowed near the equipment, but are encouraged to come and watch from the spectator viewing area during the experience. Children are also invited to sit in the equipment when it is parked and not running.
1.5 hours with 30 minutes of instruction, followed by 60 minutes of equipment use
The equipment is single rider only.
Spectators are welcome to come watch from a comfortable viewing area that overlooks the sandbox.
This experience runs rain or shine. Your experience provider will do their best to call you prior to your session to reschedule in the case of extreme weather. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
All equipment has climate controlled enclosed cabs that can be adjusted for comfort. Be sure to wear comfortable and durable clothing; jeans are recommended. You will likely get dirty, so don't wear your favorite clothes! Close-toed shoes are required.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 3 weeks in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations are not allowed, however you may reschedule up to 72 hours prior to your booked date by contacting your experience provider directly. If you reschedule within 24-72 hours of your booked date, a fee of 50% of your experience value will apply. Failure to appear on your booked date or reschedule within the policy will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Is this experience safe?
Safety is the number one priority. All participants go through classroom training and will receive one-on-one guidance from our highly trained instructors. All participants are equipped with hands-free radio communication devices and will be in contact with their instructor at all times during the adventure. Finally, all equipment contains remote shut-off devices so that instructors can turn off the machine at any time during activitity if necessary.
Do I need a driver's license?
No, a driver's license is not required. Participants must be at least 14 years of age. Minors must be accompanied by parents or legal guardians.
Can more than one person do this experience at once?
All of our equipment is single rider only. If people want to experience this together we can run two individuals separately at the same time to experience the sandbox together. An example could be one individual would be running the excavator while the other person is running the bulldozer and the instructors could coordinate some activities together. Please note if you would like to do this experience with someone else at the time of booking.
Can I split the experience with someone else?
Yes, when purchasing you can choose between two different pricing options: either do the whole experience yourself, or split the package with another person.
Other Dallas Gift Ideas:(View all 29 Dallas experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyFrom: $199
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(44)From: $109
- NASCAR Racing ExperienceAvg Rating of: 5(15)From: $355
- Race a Lamborghini SuperleggeraFrom: $493
- Race a Ferrari 430 ScuderiaAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $493
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure CourseAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $63
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Aerobatic Biplane Thrill RideAvg Rating of: 4-half(6)From: $349
- Indy Car Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4(7)From: $109
- All Dallas Experiences