2 Day Beginner Kayaking Class
Littleton, CO or Boulder, CO
June through August
Select Fridays & Saturdays:
Click here for schedule
Note: 2nd class takes place the following Saturday
This 2-Day Kayaking Class is the perfect way to learn the basic fundamentals of this exhilarating sport!
- With over 10 years experience of teaching in the Denver area, your instructors will help you establish the necessary fundamentals needed for river kayaking
- Day 1 will be spent learning the basic skills on the Boulder or Chatfield Reservoirs
- Day 2 will take place on the river where you will apply your newly learned skills in Class I - II Rapids
- Kayakers of all skill levels are welcome!
This 2 day course is the perfect way to learn the basic kayaking skills in a controlled environment and then apply those skills on a Class I-II river.
Day 1 will be spent on either Boulder or Chatfield Reservoir where you will learn paddle strokes, wet exits and hip snaps. By the afternoon, you will dive into rolling techniques, bow rescues and bracing.
On day 2, you will get the chance to put your newly learned skills to the test as you head out to a Class I-II river. You will learn how to read river currents, catch eddies, peel-out, ferry and graduate to paddling through easy Class II whitewater.
After the class, you will have the necessary skills and confidence to get you on your way to the next level!
- It is recommended that participants are at least 12 years of age
- Participants must be at least 80 pounds
- Kayak, paddle, skirt, PFD, helmet, splash jacket, wetsuit and booties will be provided
- Students are welcome and encouraged to bring their own gear if they have it
This is a 2-day course, each day's lesson will be approximately 6 hours.
You may be accompanied by up to 8 people per class.
Spectators are welcome to watch and take pictures.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Be prepared to get wet! Swimsuits and closed-toe shoes recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Is gear provided?
Yes, a boat, paddle, skirt, PFD, helmet, splash jacket, wetsuit and booties will be provided. It is recommended to bring your own gear if you have it.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 68 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Scenic Glider RideAvg Rating of: 5(18)From: $99
- Scenic Adventure Flight LessonAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $269
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $275
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $80
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- RiNo Route Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $80
- Front Range Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $249
- All Denver Experiences