- Fully tailored, one-on-one experience, to address your specific areas of interest
- In your 3 day experience you'll learn film making; from shooting your subjects during an outdoor adventure to working in the editing room
- Leave with a fully edited short film of your experience
Over the course of three days you will create your own Adventure Film during this hands-on experience with Emmy Award Winning Director, Michael Brown.
Michael and his company Serac Adventure Films has won more than fifty international film festival and industry awards for their documentaries. Michael is the recipient of three national Emmy Awards from five nominations and has filmed on all seven continents during fifty expeditions. He has been to the top of Mount Everest five times.
Michael has also collaborated with MacGillivray Freeman on IMAX films as a co-director and director of photography. In addition to making films, Michael is a public speaker, adventure guide, teacher and writer.
What you Learn:
Your experience will be personally tailored to fit your existing knowledge of film production.
In the Field
- Packing & Traveling with Camera Gear
- Camera Angles and Composition
- Story Structure & How to Shoot for the Edit
- Basic Camera Operation & Advanced Techniques
- Recording Good Quality Sound
- Managing Film Equipment in the Outdoors
- Risks and Safety when Shooting in Difficult Locations
- Preparing for the Edit
In the Edit Suite
- Capturing Digital Video to your Computer
- Organizing your Edit Project
- Story Arch and how to Structure your Film
- Basic Edit Techniques
- Video Transitions & Audio Balancing
- Exporting to Web or DVD
- The Business of Making of Films
A day of filming your friends or family on an adventure in the beautiful front range area of the Rocky Mountains, where Michael will teach you as much as you can retain about adventure filmmaking, from packing camera gear to getting great shots.
Next you'll take your footage into the edit room where you'll learn how to turn your raw footage into a well structured short film that you can use to launch a career.
Participants must be at least 12 years of age.
3 Days (approximately 1.5 days shooting in the field with Michael Brown and 1.5 days in the edit room working with your footage)
3 per lesson
Up to 3 Allowed (these can be friends or family that join in the adventure to be your actors or subjects for your day's film project)
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Why should I buy this experience from Cloud 9 Living?
Customers sometimes ask why they should buy an experience gift from Cloud 9 Living, rather than directly from the experience provider or another company. The answer is simple - WE DO GIFTING RIGHT!
No Risk, No Worries - Gift giving is meant to be fun, not stressful. That's why we've come up with flexible policies like free exchanges, and 30 day refunds.
Best in Class - We vet all our experience providers to ensure your gift recipient is in great hands. We check their years in business, awards, certifications, safety record, and constantly monitor customer reviews. Rest assured, they're AWESOME!
Exchanges - With over 1,800 experiences nationwide, we've got something for everyone. So if your gift recipient decides they'd like to exchange the experience you gave them for another of our 1,800+ amazing experiences - no problem!
Looking to book this experience when you purchase?
No need, give the perfect gift and let them choose their date. If you'd like to buy and book, simply give us a call at (866) 525-6839.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 55 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyFrom: $210Avg Rating of: 5(12)
- Scenic Glider RideFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 5(6)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $230Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)From: $85Avg Rating of: 4(6)
- Walking Food Tour of DenverFrom: $55
- Top Restaurant TourFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 4(10)
- Front Range Balloon RideFrom: $275Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- Rocky Mountain Balloon RideFrom: $305Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- All Denver Experiences
"Michael Brown and his group were all a delight to work with. I had very little experience, and they could not have been more patient. No matter what your level of experience, you are going to learn a great deal and have a great time."