Beginner Kayaking Lesson
Chatfield State Park or Boulder Reservoir
May - September: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Click here for schedule
Saturdays at Chatfield State Park and Fridays & Sundays at Boulder Reservoir
- Enjoy a day on the water at either Chatfield State Park or Boulder Reservoir
- Colorado's most well-recognized adventure training guides with over 10 years experience
- Learn about equipment, wet exits, stoke techniques, maneuvering, hip snaps and rolling
- No experience necessary, 5:1 student to instructor ratio
Experience first hand the excitement of paddling a kayak!
If you have never been in a kayak but have always wanted to try it, this course may be for you. This full-day class includes all the "must know basics" of river kayaking, and introduces you to the Eskimo Roll.
Have fun and play games in the water in the morning as you learn about wet exits, paddle strokes and hip snaps. Then, relax and soak in the sun as you enjoy your lunch. The afternoon is spent reviewing bracing and hip snaps, followed by a clinic on how to roll.
A great experience for anyone interested in learning to kayak in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.
Lean the following skills:
- Wet Exit
- Strokes (Sweep, forward, stern draw)
- It is recommended that the participant be 12 years of age or a minimum of 80 pounds
- Kayak, paddle, skirt, PFD, helmet, splash jacket, wetsuit and booties will be provided
- Students are encouraged to bring their own gear if they own it
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Up to 8 people per class
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Expect to get wet. Swimsuits, sunscreen, sunglasses with strap, hat, water, lunch, closed toe shoes, and warm dry clothing for when you are off water recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no returns or exchanges are allowed. Once you have received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Is gear included?
Yes, a boat, paddle, skirt, PFD, helmet, splash jacket, wetsuit and booties will be provided. It is recommended to bring your own gear if you have it.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 64 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $99
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $488
- Scenic Glider RideAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $99
- Scenic Adventure Flight LessonAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $269
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $275
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $200
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $80
- All Denver Experiences