May - October:
Thursday through Monday - 10:00 AM & 2:00 PM
- Featured in the Denver Post and Vail Daily, guides have 10+ years of instruction experience
- Learn how to 'walk on water' while taking in the beautiful mountain views
- Perfect for beginners, experts and everyone in between
- Hop on a board and experience a thrill unlike any other when you ride the river!
Experience the newest craze in water sports with a Colorado River Paddleboarding Adventure!
While most paddleboarding happens in calm waters, this experience sends you down the famous and beautiful Colorado River and includes class I-II rapids! Your day of adventure will begin when you check in and fill out the necessary paperwork. Once you've been fitted with the proper equipment and complete a safety session, you'll be ready for the water!
You'll receive a basic explanation of river dynamics and have a chance to get familiar with the board and paddle before starting out down river. When your guide has deemed the group ready, you'll begin the 5-mile adventure!
Sights along the river may include wildlife such as bald eagles, elk and bears, as well as the Union Pacific Railroad, abandoned mining cabins and the famous Rocky Mountains!
The 2-2.5 hour excursion will conclude at State Bridge, a scenic river landing and hangout where your group will be picked up and transported back to the starting location.
Enjoy beautiful Colorado scenery and try something new on the Colorado River Paddleboarding Adventure!
- All participants should be in adequate physical condition and be comfortable swimmers
- Be prepared to get wet
- Participants who are paddleboarding must be at least 13 years of age
- Children under 13 years of age may ride on a parent or guardian's board and must wear a life jacket
- A life jacket, helmet and wetsuit will be provided and Neoprene booties will be available for rent on the day of the experience
- A Stand Up Paddle ACA Swiftwater accredited guide will be with the tour group the entire time
2 - 2.5 hours
You may be accompanied by up to 25 participants per group. There will be a 4-to-1 student-to-instructor ratio.
Yes, spectators are welcome to watch the group launch and meet the group at the ending location.
This experience is rarely cancelled because of weather. In the event of inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider. Always call the experience provider on the day of the experience to ensure your tour is running.
What to Wear:
Participants should wear comfortable clothing that will keep you warm when you are wet; materials such as neoprene or fleece work best. Wear shoes with a good sole that can get wet and will remain on your feet, sunscreen and sunglasses are recommended.
For this Colorado River Paddleboarding Lesson, it is recommended to request bookings at least 5 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges or refunds are allowed. Cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to the scheduled date will be subject to a $50 administrative fee. Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to the scheduled date or failure to appear on your booked date will result in a loss of the value of your experience.
Are there any age restrictions?
All stand up paddleboarding participants need to be at least 13 years of age to utilize their own paddleboard. Children under the age of 13 can ride on their parents' or guardians' boards or a guide's paddleboard. Contact Cloud 9 Living for questions and pricing.
Will I get wet?
Yes! Wetsuits and life jackets will be provided.
Is there nearby camping?
Yes, riverside camping is allowed near the launch site. Daily rates may vary but are typically between $3-$5.
Can I bring alcohol with me?
No, alcohol is not allowed on this experience.
Is there food nearby?
Yes, this experience ends at a scenic river hangout with a riverside bar and grill, as well as a nearby general store. Beverages and food may be purchased at the take-out point.
What are the rapids like?
The section of the Colorado River covered in this tour has Class I-II rapids, which are the beginning levels.
What happens if the water level is too high on the river?
This experience will take place on a stretch of the Colorado River that does not rise to unsafe levels. You will see Class I-II rapids on the river, but you will not ride through advanced rapids.
Where do I put my personal belongings?
There is a secure area at the starting point to place your keys and small personal items. Your guide will have a waterproof bag to carry small items such as a wallet or cell phone. It is recommended to keep valuable items in your car during this experience.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 63 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Scenic Glider RideAvg Rating of: 5(20)From: $99
- Scenic Adventure Flight LessonAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $269
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $275
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $80
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- RiNo Route Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(2)From: $80
- Front Range Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $249
- All Denver Experiences