May - September:
Thursday through Monday - 10:00 AM & 2:00 PM
- Featured in the Denver Post and Vail Daily, guides have 10+ years of instruction experience
- Tour company is one of the first river outfitters to offer stand up paddleboarding trips commercially in Colorado
- Challenge your balance, teamwork and core strength while navigating beginner-level rapids on the 2-hour Group River Paddleboarding Tour!
Paddleboarding is growing in popularity and taking the watersports world by storm! Paddleboarding down the Colorado River on a 6-person board? That's even newer and more exciting!
Most paddleboarding is designed for 1 person on a single board on calm water. On this tour, there's still only 1 (slightly larger) board, but it can hold 5 people and a guide! Instead of paddling in the calm waters like most paddleboarding excursions, you and your group will tackle the Colorado River!
You'll begin the day of thrills by checking in and filling out the necessary paperwork. Once fitted with the proper equipment and briefed on safety and procedure, your group will be ready to get your feet wet!
The first portion of the experience includes a basic explanation of river dynamics and team-paddling techniques while getting comfortable together on the board.
Once the river guide has deemed the group ready to rock the river, it's time to start paddling and begin the 5-mile aquatic adventure!
With the famous Rocky Mountains as the backdrop, sights along the river will include the Union Pacific Railroad, abandoned mining cabins and you might even see bald eagles, elk and bears!
The 2-hour tour will end at State Bridge, a scenic river hangout where the group will be picked up and transported back to the starting location.
If you and your friends are wanting to break into the surfing community, the Group River Paddleboarding Tour is a perfect way to spend a beautiful Colorado day outdoors!
- A Stand Up Paddle ACA Swiftwater accredited guide will be with you on the tour the entire time
- All participants should be in adequate physical condition and be comfortable swimmers
- Be prepared to get wet
- Life jacket, helmet and wetsuit will be provided
- Neoprene booties will be available for rent on the day of the experience
- This experience will run with a minimum of 2 people and guide on the board
- Depending on water levels, the group may or may not run into Class I-II rapids
2 - 2.5 hours
Up to 5 people plus a guide per paddleboard.
Yes, spectators are allowed to watch at the start and end points.
This experience is rarely cancelled because of weather. In the event of inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider. If you have doubts, always call the experience provider directly on the day of the experience to ensure they will be running the experience.
What to Wear:
Participants should wear comfortable clothing that will keep you warm when you are wet. Materials such as neoprene or fleece work best. Shoes with a good sole that can get wet and will remain on your feet are required. It is also recommended to wear sunscreen and sunglasses.
For this Group River Paddleboarding Tour, it is recommended to request bookings at least 5 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no exchanges or refunds are allowed. Cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to the scheduled date will be subject to a $50 administrative fee. Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to the scheduled date or failure to appear on your booked date will result in a loss of the value of your experience.
Will I get wet?
Yes! Wetsuits and life jackets will be provided.
Do I need experience?
No! This experience is great for all levels of experience from beginners to experts.
Is there food nearby?
Yes, this experience ends at a scenic river hangout with a riverside bar and grill and a nearby general store. Beverages and food may be purchased at the take-out point.
What are the rapids like?
Depending on water levels, the section of the Colorado River covered in this tour may have Class I-II rapids, which are considered beginner levels.
Are there any age restrictions?
All participants must be 5 years of age and older.
What happens if the water level is too high on the river?
This experience will take place on a stretch of the Colorado River that does not rise to unsafe levels. You will see Class I-II rapids on the river, but you will not ride through advanced rapids.
Where do I put my personal belongings?
There is a secure area at the starting point to place your keys and small personal items. Your guide will have a waterproof bag to carry small items such as a wallet or cell phone. It is recommended to keep valuable items in your car during this experience.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 68 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Scenic Glider RideAvg Rating of: 5(18)From: $99
- Scenic Adventure Flight LessonAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $269
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $275
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $80
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- RiNo Route Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $80
- Front Range Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $249
- All Denver Experiences