Idaho Springs, CO
June through October
Daily - 8:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM & 2:00 PM
- Guided by experienced and professional guides with local knowledge of terrain
- Tour back country trails, ride through lush forests and cross over the breathtaking Continental Divide
- Choose from easy, moderate or difficult terrain
- Great experience for the adventurist locals and tourists alike!
Your experienced guide will lead you through an incredible trail system surrounded by 14,000-foot peaks, mountain lakes, rivers and streams that will soothe your soul.
Stop along the way for beautiful views and photo opportunities along some of Colorado's most scenic and famous trails in Arapahoe National Forest. Your knowledgeable guide will point out historic landmarks and possible wildlife sightings throughout the trip.
Experience this unique blend of fun and adventure as you enjoy exhilarating ATV riding, scenic lookouts and beautiful destinations.
Prior to departure, you and your tour guide will discuss the difficulties of the various trails and you will be able to choose which one you'd like to ride. Possible trail options are as follows (subject to change):
Jones Pass - Continental Divide (12,453 ft)
Jones Pass is an easy 4-wheeling off-road trail just 10 minutes outside of Empire, Colorado. This trail offers impressive views of alpine tundra on the top of the Continental Divide. This is a short, very enjoyable trip for families and beginners.
Saxon Mountain (Lamartine and Molly Brown Mine; 11,546 ft)
The Saxon Mountain/Lamartine Loop is a Mix of Easy and Moderate off-road ATV trails. This trail offers the most mining history of the guided ATV tours.
Kingston Peak/Yankee Hill (St. Mary's Glacier; 11,500 ft)
This trail is very impressive with amazing panoramic views of St. Mary's Glacier, the Continental Divide, Mt. Evans, Rocky Mountain National Park and more.
Bill Moore Lake/Empire Loop (11,500ft)
This is a difficult and bumpy route to the Bill Moore Alpine Lake which is at the bottom of the Continental Divide. The loop also goes by the Conqueror Mine and the "Empire Hilton." This is a great tour if you're looking for rugged terrain.
- Participants must be at least 16 years old to drive and 24 years old to carry a passenger
- Passengers must weigh under 100 pounds and must be at least 6 years old
- Packages include automatic quad, an experienced guide, safety and handling training, helmet, water, gloves and gas
- Gratuity is not included, but is customary if you enjoy the tour
2, 3 or 4 hours depending on option selected.
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 8 per tour.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Long pants recommended. No open toe shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, any cancellations or rescheduling must be done with at least 7 days notice. Failure to appear on your booked date or cancel or reschedule at least 7 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Are there any age restrictions?
Yes. Drivers must be at least 16 years of age and those who plan to drive passengers must be at least 24. Passengers must be at least 6 years of age.
What equipment is provided?
ATV, gloves, goggles and water are provided.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 55 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Scenic Glider RideFrom: $99Avg Rating of: 4-half(14)
- Scenic Adventure Flight LessonFrom: $269
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $275
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $200Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)From: $66Avg Rating of: 4-half(14)
- Front Range Balloon RideFrom: $249Avg Rating of: 5(4)
- Rocky Mountain Balloon RideFrom: $275Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Guided ATV Tour (for 2+)From: $350Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- All Denver Experiences
"My boyfriend and absolutely loved the ATV quad squad experience in Idaho Springs! It was a real thrill, absolutely beautiful and our guide was super friendly and every knowledgeable. Safety is paramount and the guide was a fantastic instructor. Totally worth the every dollar and would do it again in a heartbeat!!"
"Tim Alexander from the quad squad was an exceptional tour guide! He was caring, experienced, and intelligent..a perfect guide while showing us his backyard. Will highly recommend Tim and the Quad Squad Shelly and kevin krygier"
"The ATV tour was spectacular and exceeded our expectations. The tour was extensive and included many different environments. We would consider doing it again."