Mid-April through Mid-October:
Thursdays - 6:00 PM
Saturdays - 7:00 AM
- Orvis endorsed "Guide Service of the Year" in 2000 and 2002 chosen from over 150 guide operations
- 20+ years of guiding experience and teaching, with highly experienced guides
- Learn stream etiquette, how to rig your rod, cast, tie knots and more
- Engage in 2 sessions with 1 evening class and 1 lesson on the South Platte or Blue River!
The purpose of the class is to help you develop all the skills and understanding necessary to catch trout on a fly rod.
The evening session covers fly fishing theory, rigging your rod, casting, tying knots, entomology as it relates to fly selection, equipment, and stream etiquette.
The Saturday class, held on a local stream, covers wading safety, trout behavior, entomology, reading the water, and developing techniques to fish nymphs, dry flies, and streamers, and of course how to catch and release your fish!
- Students must posses a valid Colorado fishing license
- One-day fishing license can be purchased for $9 (subject to change)
- Minimum age is 12 years old and those under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- All gear is provided including a rod, reel, waders, boots, vest or pack for the river loaded with Umpqua leaders, tippet, river tools, floating, fly box and flies
- Classroom session will be on Thursday evenings and your river session will take place on the following Saturday
First evening class is 3.5 hours on Thursday evenings followed by a full-day on the water the following Saturday.
Up to 6 people per class.
This experience is only for those booked in the class.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress comfortably for the classroom session. It is recommended to bring a rain coat, hat and clothing for the outdoor session.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply.Once you have received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 10 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 10 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What do I need to bring?
Everything for the class will be provided, you just need to bring a favorite hat, jacket, any medications you may need and your willingness to learn this wonderful sport. If you have a fly rod you can bring it, but your guide will have a full array of Sage rods, reels and fly lines for you to use.
What kind of clothing do I need?
You will need to wear something comfortable for the classroom session as you will be inside and outside. You will need a hat, light jacket and anything else that will make you comfortable. For the river day, you will be in waders, so it's recommended to wear a synthetic pant underneath your waders that will wick moisture and keep you dry. Blue jeans are not recommended as they will retain moisture and are very bulky. You will want to layer on the top as it may be cool in the morning and warmer in the afternoon. This way you can shed a layer when you start to warm up.
Will the class be cancelled due to weather?
An assessment will be made the week of the class. The class may take place during rain or shine, but in the event of snow or severe weather conditions, the class may be cancelled. Always contact the experience provider directly with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of a cancellation due to weather, you will be able to reschedule directly with your experience provider.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 64 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Scenic Glider RideAvg Rating of: 5(19)From: $99
- Scenic Adventure Flight LessonAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $269
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $275
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $80
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- RiNo Route Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $80
- Front Range Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $249
- All Denver Experiences