Select Dates Only:
Thursdays - 6:00 PM
Saturdays - 7:00 AM
Enjoy a unique fly fishing class designed for women! Learn the basics so you can join in on the fun or get out on the river on your own!
- Locally owned and operated since 1988
- Two-time Orvis "Guide Service of the Year" winners, chosen from over 150 guide services
- Learn stream etiquette, how to rig your rod, cast, tie knots and more
- Class includes 1 evening classroom session and 1 full day on either the Blue River or South Platte River!
This is a comprehensive starter course for women only. The purpose of this class is to help students develop the skills and understanding necessary to catch trout on a fly rod.
The first session introduces you to fly fishing theory, rigging the rod, casting, knot tying and entomology (as it pertains to fly selection). The Saturday on the river focuses on developing critical techniques in fishing nymphs, dries and streamers.
Your instructor will also cover the topics of wading safety, trout behavior, entomology, reading the water, playing, landing and releasing fish.
- Students must posses a valid Colorado fishing license
- 1-day fishing licenses can be purchased for $9 (subject to change)
- Minimum age is 16 years old; participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- All gear is provided including a fly rod, reel, waders, flies, Umpqua leader and tippet as well as an Umpqua pack
- Classroom session will be on Thursday evenings and your river session will take place on the following Saturday
The class is held over a 2 day period: Thursdays from 6:00 PM - 9:30 PM and Saturday 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
There is a maximum of 6 people per class
This experience is only for those booked in the class.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress comfortably for the classroom sessions; it is recommended to bring a rain coat, hat and warm clothing for the outdoors.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 21 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 10 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 10 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What do I need to bring?
Everything for the class will be provided. If you have a fly rod you can bring it, but your guide will have a full array of Sage rods, reels and fly lines for you to use.
What kind of clothing do I need?
You will need to wear something comfortable for the classroom session as you will be inside and outside; bring a hat, light jacket and anything else you may need. For the river, you will be in waders so it's recommended to wear synthetic pants underneath that will wick moisture and keep you dry. Cotton and blue jeans are not recommended as they will retain moisture and are very bulky. Layer on the top as it may be cool in the morning and warmer in the afternoon, this way you can shed a layer when you start to warm up.
Will the class be cancelled due to inclement weather?
An assessment will be made the week of the class. The class may take place rain or shine, but may be cancelled in the event of snow or severe inclement weather. Always contact the experience provider directly with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of a cancellation due to weather, you will be able to reschedule directly with the experience provider.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 64 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Scenic Glider RideAvg Rating of: 5(19)From: $99
- Scenic Adventure Flight LessonAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $269
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $275
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $80
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- RiNo Route Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $80
- Front Range Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $249
- All Denver Experiences