Mid-June through October:
Monday through Friday - 12:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday - 9:00 AM
- Overlook the Continental Divide as you hit high speeds soaring down over 9,000 feet of double-cabled zip lines
- The only zip lining outfit in the world constructed over a moving train
- Enjoy panoramic mountain views, a scenic ride on an 1898 historic railway, lunch atop a mountain, and the excitement of zipping back down to base camp, all in one afternoon!
Enjoy an afternoon in the beautiful Rocky Mountains! Kick the day off with a scenic, historic train ride up the mountain. End it on a high note, with an adventurous zip line tour starting at 11,000 feet!
The exhilaration begins as soon as you check in at base camp and board the shuttle, where you will be whisked away to the railroad station. All aboard the Leadville Colorado and Southern Railroad train cars for a unique, historic and exciting ride up the mountain!
Take in some of the most spectacular views of the Rockies as the train climbs 1,000 feet above the valley floor. Zip lines run above the railway, so train passengers may catch a glimpse of someone soaring through the air overhead.
Friendly guides will await your arrival at nearly 11,000 feet of altitude and accompany you to a cozy mountain yurt, where you'll enjoy a hearty, freshly prepared lunch.
Once your belly is content, you'll be fitted with a harness and helmet and have a quick flight training session. Finally it's your turn to be one of the few to zip down the mountain, and maybe even over a moving train!
The 5, double-cabled zip lines vary in length between 450 to 800 feet of non-stop thrills! They are equipped with the latest in zip lining technology and safety measures, including a hands-free "zip stop" braking feature to double-up on safety.
Take in the amazing views of the Continental Divide from the comfort of a train car and the platforms of the zip lines on the Leadville Railway and Zip Line Tour in Colorful Colorado!
- Participants must be between 55 and 260 pounds, and at least 7 years old in order to zip line
- Harnesses, helmets and other zip lining equipment will be provided
- Lunch is included in the price of this experience
- Participants must sign a waiver prior to the experience
- It is recommended to leave personal belongings in your car during this experience
Approximately 4.5 hours
You will be accompanied by up to 25 other tour participants. For groups larger than 4, please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the zip lining experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Long pants are required. Sunglasses and sunscreen, even on cloudy days, are recommended.
For this Leadville Railway and Zip Line Tour, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 7 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 7 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Is experience required?
No, you do not need experience to zip line. Your group will be given a safety demonstration prior to your first zip line.
How safe is it?
The zip lines are licensed by the State of Colorado and inspected to the highest standards in the industry. Zip line guides are trained and certified in all aspects of the zip line operation.
Are there any age or weight restrictions?
Yes, all participants must be above the age of 7 and weigh at least 55 pounds. Zip line participants cannot exceed 260 pounds.
Can I purchase professional photos?
Yes. Professional photos are available for purchase on site on the day of your experience.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 62 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Scenic Glider RideAvg Rating of: 5(18)From: $99
- Scenic Adventure Flight LessonAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $269
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $275
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $80
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- RiNo Route Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $80
- Front Range Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $249
- All Denver Experiences