November through Early-April:
Daily - 9:00 AM
*Pending snow conditions
- Tour provider has over 17 years experience guiding clients on Colorado's highest snowmobile tours
- Certified tour guides ensure your experience is safe, informative and fun
- Snowmobile to over 12,500 feet and explore the majestic alpine environment
- Zip line a course all above 10,000 feet for unbeatable views of the Rocky Mountains
- Great for adventurous people looking for a thrill
Experience the thrill of a lifetime at the 'Top of the World' when you combine a high performance snowmobile tour and a high altitude zip line tour near Leadville, CO.
The adventure begins when you climb aboard a top-of-the-line Polaris 550 snowmobile for a 2-hour high performance ride through powder-filled back country bowls and unrivaled terrain. Your tour guide will introduce you to the majesty of the Rocky Mountains at elevations from 11,000 to 12,000 feet at the 'Top of the World.'
Next, enjoy a delicious picnic lunch served in a cozy yurt with stunning views of Mt. Elbert and Mt. Massive, 2 of the tallest mountains in the United States.
Then, it's time for zip lining! You will travel to the first zip line area on steep winding mountain trails by snow cat. You will receive gloves, helmet and other equipment and will begin the journey on a short practice zip line before departing from the first platform at 11,200 feet.
The course has five zip lining sections; each offering different elements of speed, height and terrain. The cables run up to 850 feet and some are more than 300 feet off the ground.
The course features the latest technology including double cables for safety and faster zips with hands free "zip stop" technology. On four sections of the course, guests can fly side-by-side on twin lines.
This is truly an adventure you will remember for a lifetime for the thrills and the magical views of the snowy alpine tundra in the shadow of the Continental Divide.
- Participants must be at least 16 years old to drive
- No passengers are permitted
- Participants must weigh between 55 and 275 pounds for zip lining
- Snowmobiles and helmets provided for snowmobile tour, and full piece snowsuits and snow boots available if needed
- Helmets and gloves provided for zip line experience
- Damage deposit and waiver required
- Lunch is included for this experience
Approximately 5 hours
You will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 1 per snowmobile and 28 per tour. For groups larger than 4, please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
This experience is for booked participants only.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear winter clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Face masks and neck gators recommended as well as sunscreen even on cloudy days.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 7 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 7 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Is experience required?
No, you do not need experience snowmobiling to go on this tour. However, it is fast paced and is for the more adventurous.
Are there age restrictions?
Because this thrilling tour is for single riders only (no passengers), all drivers must be at least 16 years old.
How safe is it?
Safety and customer service is always the first priority. All guides are certified in first aid, CPR, Avalanche Training plus other medical and wilderness credentials. The zip line is licensed by the State of Colorado and inspected to the highest standards in the industry. Zip line guides are trained and certified in all aspects of zip line operation.
What should I bring/wear?
Snowmobiles, helmets, snow boots, and insulated coveralls are included. It is recommended that you dress in warm layers as you would for a day of skiing. Items you will want to bring include warm gloves, goggles or sunglasses, face masks, neck gators, and sunscreen, even on cloudy days.
Is gratuity included?
Price does not include gratuity. Recommended gratuity is $25 - $30 per person if you enjoyed your experience.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 62 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Scenic Glider RideAvg Rating of: 5(20)From: $99
- Scenic Adventure Flight LessonAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $269
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $275
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $80
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- RiNo Route Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(2)From: $80
- Front Range Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $249
- All Denver Experiences
"Our guide Derick was rude and berated my wife in staying with the group when she went off the trail (her first time on a sled) and for having to go slow to let us catch up; we had stopped for the couple ahead of us, who was stopped on the trail. The guy's wife went six feet off the trail so we couldn't stay with the group. He did say go at a pace you are comfortable with and do our best to keep up! She also had an issue with her head band slipping into her eyes, and stopped to safely fix it; when we tried to signal him, he took off while we stayed to fix it. Overall he made it a most unpleasant time! However the zip line crew was the best!! "