Daily - 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Fly with an FAA Certified Flight Instructor
- Start with 30 minutes of ground instruction followed by a pre-flight briefing
- Take to the air for approximately 40 minutes and practice skills such as straight and level flying, climbing, descending and hovering
- Enjoy incredible views of the Rocky Mountains, Boulder, Denver and more!
Take to the air in a state of the art helicopter when you Learn to Fly near Denver!
Your experience begins when you meet your FAA Certified Flight Instructor. After 30-minutes of ground school and completion of the pre-flight checklist, you and your instructor will climb into the helicopter and prepare for take-off.
Choose between a Robinson R-22, Robinson R-44 or a Schweizer helicopter for this experience. The fleet is beautifully maintained to the highest standard and flying any of the helicopters will be a memorable experience.
Your pilot will handle take-off and landing, but by mid-air you'll take control of the helicopter and learn how the professionals fly on an everyday basis. While in flight, you may have the opportunity to try straight and level flying, climbs, turns and descents!
Take in views of Boulder, Denver, the Rocky Mountains and more during the approximately 40-minute flight. When your feet are firmly planted back on the ground, feel free to take some photos with the helicopter and consider your first flight lesson complete!
Be prepared to experience a feeling few in the world ever have - the sensation of manning the controls of an airborne helicopter on this Learn to Fly experience near Denver!
- To fly in the R-22 helicopter the student must weigh no more than 225 lbs
- To fly in the R-44 or Schweizer helicopter the student cannot exceed 290 lbs
- Valid government issued photo ID is required
- Participants must be 16 years or older
- Parental consent form must be signed for students under 18 years old
- No experience necessary
Participants can expect to be at the airport for 1.5 hours with approximately 40 minutes of flight time.
This experience is for 1 participant only.
Spectators are welcome to observe take off and landing from a viewing area located at the heliport.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions; flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended. Loose clothing is not permitted.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply.Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
What type of helicopter is used for the lesson?
Depending on the option selected, you will fly in a Robinson R-22, Robinson R-44 or a Schweizer helicopter. Each of the helicopters are maintained to the highest standard, reliable and unique.
Are there any age, height or weight restrictions?
Participants must be at least 16 years of age. Anyone under the age of 18 must have parental consent. There are no height requirements. Participants that weigh more than 225 pounds must choose the Robinson R-44 or Schweizer flight options.
What if the weather is bad?
Safety is the top priority. In the event of inclement weather, you will work directly with your flight instructor to reschedule. Always contact the experience provider on the day of your flight lesson with any questions regarding weather concerns.
Do I need any experience?
No experience is necessary! This is considered an introductory flight lesson.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 64 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $99
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $488
- Scenic Glider RideAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $99
- Scenic Adventure Flight LessonAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $269
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $275
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $200
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(19)From: $80
- All Denver Experiences