Rocky Mountain Metro Airport - Broomfield, CO
Centennial Airport - Englewood, CO
Courses begin on select dates
Click here for schedule
Rocky Mountain Metro Airport
Mondays & Thursdays - 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Tuesdays & Thursdays - 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Learn the basics of flight during either a 6 or 8-week ground school program
- Gain the knowledge needed to ace the FAA Written Exam
- Take to the skies with a 45-minute introductory flight under the guidance of a FAA Certified Flight Instructor
- Quit dreaming and get started on the path to earning your Private Pilot Certificate!
- Not looking for a 6-8 week commitment? Check out our Scenic Adventure Flight Lesson!
Have you ever dreamed of learning to fly? Well, now is your chance to embark on an unforgettable journey and take the first steps toward earning your wings!
Before you hit the skies, gain a solid understanding of aviation theory during the 6-week or 8-week ground school course, offered in 2 locations (length dependent on location). In just a few weeks, you'll learn everything you need to know in order to pass the FAA Written Exam. Once the course is complete, it's time to fly!
Experience the thrill of flight and put your new-found knowledge to the test in the cockpit of a Cessna 172 during your 45-minute introductory flight lesson. The school has an experienced pool of instructors - including former military and commercial pilots - so from the classroom to the cockpit, the knowledge you gain will have you ready to safely take flight.
This comprehensive Learn to Fly Package is the perfect starting point for anyone looking earn their Private Pilot Certificate in a fun, friendly, and professional environment. At the end of this experience, you'll be ready to wing it!
PLEASE NOTE: Cost of course materials NOT included. The "Ground School Bundle" course materials are not required but are recommended and will be available for purchase at both locations for $199 + tax.
Not ready for a 6-week commitment?Check out our Scenic Adventure Flight Lesson!
- Includes headset rental, complimentary 6 month subscription to Flight Training Magazine, free access to flight training tool and safety videos
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age with a valid form of ID
- Anyone under the age of 18 must have written parental consent
- Cost of course materials NOT included. The "Ground School Bundle" course materials are not required but are recommended and will be available for purchase at both locations for $199 + tax.
Ground school meets 2 times a week for a 3-hour lesson. Courses are either 6 weeks (Centennial Airport) or 8 weeks (Rocky Mtn Metro Airport). Introductory flight lesson includes approximately 45 minutes of flight time.
The flight portion is for 1 participant only.
This experience is for participants only.
The flight lesson portion of this experience is weather dependent. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule directly with the experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions and closed-toe shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations or rescheduling must be completed up to 72 hours prior to your scheduled flight. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel or reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
How long is the flight lesson?
About 2 hours total. You will spend a little time on the ground discussing the basics of flying before going up for your first flight which lasts about 45 minutes.
What type of plane will we fly?
The flying portion of this experience will take place in a Cessna 172, the top training aircraft used around the world.
What if the weather is bad for the flight lesson?
If your flight is canceled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the flight instructor. Always contact the experience provider with any questions concerning weather.
What is a Private Pilot Certificate?
This package is a great starting point for those looking to earn their Private Pilot Certificate.With it, a pilot can rent aircraft and fly anywhere in the US. It allows command of any aircraft weighing less than 12,500 pounds, (subject to appropriate ratings) for any non-commercial purpose and gives almost unlimited authority to fly under visual flight rules (VFR). A private pilot may carry passengers and flight in furtherance of a business. However, a private pilot may not be compensated for services as a pilot. Passengers are only allowed to pay a pro-rata share of flight expenses, such as fuel or rental costs.
Is the FAA written exam included in the package?
You will be ready for the FAA written exam after this course, however, the price of the exam is not included in this package.
How big is the class?
Typical class size is around 20-35 people, with a maximum of 35 total participants.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 62 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Scenic Glider RideAvg Rating of: 5(20)From: $99
- Scenic Adventure Flight LessonAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $269
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $275
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $80
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- RiNo Route Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(2)From: $80
- Front Range Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $249
- All Denver Experiences