Raft the Arkansas River
Buena Vista, CO
May through August:
Daily - 9:00 AM
*Depending on water flow
- Guiding company has over 30 years of experience with over 200,000 happy rafters served
- Guides are certified in First Aid, CPR and Swift Water Rescue
- Experience the thrill of the rapids ranging from Class II - IV
- Charge down classic rapids like "Siedel's Suckhole" as you paddle through some of Colorado's highest peaks!
The Arkansas River is considered one of the nation's most popular whitewater destinations. With more than 100 miles of whitewater, the Arkansas hosts over 250,000 rafters each year.
This experience consists of a full day of rafting in Class II - IV rapids. You'll enjoy both calm waters and adrenaline-pumping rapids as you make your way down the river. Mid-way through the day, rest and refuel with a fully-equipped taco bar lunch while riverside.
With beautiful rock canyons, spectacular scenery and a huge range of ability level, you'll soon see why the Arkansas is one of Colorado's hot spots for summertime fun.
- Rapids range from Class II-IV depending on the water levels and which section of the river you raft
- Minimum age requirements vary with rapid class, typically participants must be at least 11 years of age
- Lunch will be provided, this is typically a barbecue sandwich with a potato salad (subject to change)
Approximately 5 hours, depending on the water levels.
You may be accompanied by 6-8 other passengers per raft
This experience is only for those booked on the raft.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Expect to get wet! Wear a bathing suit and closed-toe shoes. Wet suits, splash jacket and all safety equipment are provided.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds or exchanges are allowed. Cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel or reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 62 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Scenic Glider RideAvg Rating of: 5(20)From: $99
- Scenic Adventure Flight LessonAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $269
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $275
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $80
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- RiNo Route Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(2)From: $80
- Front Range Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $249
- All Denver Experiences
"Cloud 9 Living was extremely easy to work with, as was the booking department of Lakota Guides. Our guide, Tanner, was exceptional! His personality, knowledge, physical ability, and willingness to help were above and beyond. However, the trip, as presented on your website, did not match up. It was listed as a 6-hour duration with gourmet taco bar for all levels of skill. Our trip was 4 hours and that includes our break for pulled pork sandwiches, potato salad and cookies. The trip should also be marked for those in good physical condition. Not everyone should be allowed to do this trip, not just for their own safety, but it is also drain on the guide and the others on the trip. Thank you."
"A local outfit and friendly, knowledgeable and safe raft guides made the experience all the better! Thank you."