Rocky Mountain Metro Airport - Broomfield, CO
Centennial Airport - Englewood, CO
Daily - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending instructor availability
- Learn the basics of flight with an FAA Certified Flight Instructor
- Includes 30 minutes of flight simulator instruction, a pre-flight inspection of the plane and 60 minutes of flight instruction
- Take in views of the Rocky Mountains, the Flatirons, or downtown Denver!
Soar high above the beautiful Rocky Mountains when you learn to fly in Denver!
You'll meet your FAA Certified Flight Instructor and begin your flying orientation lesson on a state-of-the-art Redbird Flight Simulator. After 30 minutes of simulator instruction you'll make your way to the runway for a pre-flight inspection of the plane.
Following the pre-flight checklist, you'll climb into a Cessna 172 for the most exciting part of the experience - flying! Your flight instructor will take-off and land the plane, but you'll have the opportunity to take control of the aircraft mid-air and test your flying skills.
Practice the four principles of flight - climbs, straight and level flying, turns and descents on the approximate 60-minute flight. Take in views of multiple 14,000-foot mountains, downtown Denver, the Boulder Flatirons, and the Continental Divide.
Discover the art of flying as you enjoy aerial views of the majestic Rocky Mountains on this Scenic Flight Lesson in Denver!
- Includes headset rental, complimentary 6 month subscription to Flight Training Magazine, free access to flight training tool and safety videos
- Participants must be at least 10 years of age with a valid form of ID
- Anyone under the age of 18 must have written parental consent
- Price includes any applicable fuel surcharges
- A photo next to the aircraft will be emailed to the participant following the experience
The participant can expect to be at the airport for close to 2 hours. The day will be broken down into 30 minutes in the flight simulator and approximately 60 minutes of flight instruction from engine start to engine stop.
This experience is for 1 participant only.
Spectators are welcome to watch take-off and landing from the viewing area at the airport.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule directly with the experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions and closed-toe shoes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance for weekend flights and 7 days in advance for weekday flights.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations or rescheduling must be completed up to 72 hours prior to your scheduled flight. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel or reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. Cancellations due to weather can be rescheduled at no charge directly with the flight school.
What type of plane will we fly?
The flying portion of this experience will take place in a Cessna 172, the top training aircraft used around the world.
What is the timeline for this experience?
You'll begin with 30 minutes in a Redbird flight simulator followed by a pre-flight check of the aircraft. Next, you'll fly for approximately 60 minutes and handle the controls.
What if the weather is bad?
If your flight is cancelled due to inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the flight instructor. Always contact the experience provider with any questions concerning weather.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 62 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Scenic Glider RideAvg Rating of: 5(18)From: $99
- Scenic Adventure Flight LessonAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $269
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $275
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $80
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- RiNo Route Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $80
- Front Range Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $249
- All Denver Experiences
"When I checked in at Western Air's front desk in Broomfield, CO, I was met with friendly and helpful people. In just a few minutes, my instructor (Brandon Fisher) introduced himself to me and gave me a form to fill out. After I signed the form, he led me to the simulator and showed me, with much patience, how to work it. He was very personable and knowledgeable. After he thought I was ready, he gave me a set of headphones, and after he took care of getting things ready, we went out to the plane and climbed in. I am only 4'10" and he helped me get the seat up as far as it would go. He expertly and patiently explained the instruments and procedures before we could take off. Because of my height I could not see over the instrument panel, so Brandon took off. When we were both comfortable with the plane and conditions, I took over the flying. It was wonderful! I was very favorably impressed with Brandon's expertise, professionalism, and friendliness."