Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Serving over 1,000 delighted passengers yearly for over 10 years with a perfect safety record
- FAA certified gliders and FAA certified pilots with thousands of hours of flight time
- Stunning views of the Flatirons, Continental Divide, and the University of Colorado
- Embrace the serenity of flight without a motor. Just you, your pilot, and the glider!
Colorado is famous in soaring circles for its fabulous lift, clear air and scenery.
After climbing high above the Front Range, your high performance sailplane will glide freely and silently while you enjoy spectacular views of the Continental Divide, Flatirons and the University of Colorado.
You will sit in the front seat of a two-place glider, with your pilot seated behind you. The clear Plexiglass canopy allows for an unobstructed view of the fabulous mountain and college town scenery surrounding you.
All rides are given in high performance sailplanes, which are as large as airplanes and not to be confused with small, lightweight hang gliders. Each glider is certified by the FAA to the same high standards as engine-driven aircraft. All pilots are FAA-certificated commercial pilots and deliver over 1,000 flights each year.
10-15 Minute Ride: A 2,000-foot tow above the City of Boulder puts you in a perfect position to enjoy views of downtown and the University of Colorado, with the Rocky Mountains in the background.
20-25 Minute Ride: One of our most popular flights begins with a tow to 3,500 feet above Boulder's mile-high elevation. You'll be towed west from the airport towards the foothills, near the Flatirons or Left Hand Canyon. After soaring briefly along the ridges, you'll silently glide all the way back across town and campus.
30-40 Minute Ride: You'll tow to 5,280 feet above airport elevation, deep into the mountains West of Boulder, with a great view of the 14,000-foot snow-capped peaks of the Continental Divide. After soaring free near Gross Reservoir or Nugget Ridge, you may wish to have your pilot burn up extra altitude flying roller-coaster maneuvers, or let you handle the controls for a portion of the flight.
50-60 Minute Ride: You'll tow to 5,280 feet above airport elevation, deep into the mountains West of Boulder, with a great view of the 14,000-foot snow-capped peaks of the Continental Divide. After soaring free near Gross Reservoir or Nugget Ridge, you'll continue west towards Gold Hill. You may wish to have your pilot burn up extra altitude flying roller-coaster maneuvers, or let you handle the controls for a portion of the flight.
NOTE: Flight descriptions are illustrative of possible itineraries, but are always subject to weather and conditions.
- No experience necessary
- Combined weight of passengers may not exceed 300 pounds and passengers must fit into a seat equivalent in size to 1.5 car seats
- If you are concerned about space, please call or choose the Ride for 1 option
- Participants under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
15-60 minutes of flight time depending on the option selected
1 or 2 seat rides available.
Allowed, you can watch the glider take off and land.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Temperature in sailplane is about the same as it is on the ground.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Is it safe?
All rides are given in high performance sailplanes, which are as large as airplanes and not to be confused with small, lightweight hang gliders. The gliders are certified by the FAA to the same standards as engine driven aircraft. The ride pilots are FAA certified commercial pilots.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 52 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Scenic Glider RideFrom: $99Avg Rating of: 5(13)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $200Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)From: $66Avg Rating of: 4-half(12)
- Front Range Balloon RideFrom: $249Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- Rocky Mountain Balloon RideFrom: $275Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Guided ATV Tour (for 2+)From: $350Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- Clear Creek Rafting - Half DayFrom: $78
- All Denver Experiences
"It was extremely windy that morning, but the people were excellent."
"Beautiful day, wonderful flight, great pilot. Couldn't have been better."
"our pilot Dave was fantastic"