Daily - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
*Pending weather and pilot availability
- Serving over 1,000 delighted passengers yearly for over 10 years with a perfect safety record
- FAA certified gliders and FAA certified pilots with thousands of hours of flight time
- Stunning views of the Flatirons, Continental Divide, and the University of Colorado
- Embrace the serenity of flight without a motor. Just you, your pilot, and the glider!
Colorado is famous in soaring circles for its fabulous lift, clear air and scenery.
After climbing high above the Front Range, your high performance sailplane will glide freely and silently while you enjoy spectacular views of the Continental Divide, Flatirons and the University of Colorado.
You will sit in the front seat of a two-place glider, with your pilot seated behind you. The clear Plexiglass canopy allows for an unobstructed view of the fabulous mountain and college town scenery surrounding you.
All rides are given in high performance sailplanes, which are as large as airplanes and not to be confused with small, lightweight hang gliders. Each glider is certified by the FAA to the same high standards as engine-driven aircraft. All pilots are FAA-certificated commercial pilots and deliver over 1,000 flights each year.
10-15 Minute Ride: A 2,000-foot tow above the City of Boulder puts you in a perfect position to enjoy views of downtown and the University of Colorado, with the Rocky Mountains in the background.
20-25 Minute Ride: One of our most popular flights begins with a tow to 3,500 feet above Boulder's mile-high elevation. You'll be towed west from the airport towards the foothills, near the Flatirons or Left Hand Canyon. After soaring briefly along the ridges, you'll silently glide all the way back across town and campus.
30-40 Minute Ride: You'll tow to 5,280 feet above airport elevation, deep into the mountains West of Boulder, with a great view of the 14,000-foot snow-capped peaks of the Continental Divide. After soaring free near Gross Reservoir or Nugget Ridge, you may wish to have your pilot burn up extra altitude flying roller-coaster maneuvers, or let you handle the controls for a portion of the flight.
50-60 Minute Ride: You'll tow to 5,280 feet above airport elevation, deep into the mountains West of Boulder, with a great view of the 14,000-foot snow-capped peaks of the Continental Divide. After soaring free near Gross Reservoir or Nugget Ridge, you'll continue west towards Gold Hill. You may wish to have your pilot burn up extra altitude flying roller-coaster maneuvers, or let you handle the controls for a portion of the flight.
NOTE: Flight descriptions are illustrative of possible itineraries, but are always subject to weather and conditions.
- No experience necessary
- Combined weight of passengers may not exceed 300 pounds and passengers must fit into a seat equivalent in size to 1.5 car seats
- If you are concerned about space, please call or choose the Ride for 1 option
- Participants under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
15-60 minutes of flight time depending on the option selected
1 or 2 seat rides available, but the combined weight limit cannot exceed 300 pounds.
Friends and family are welcome to watch the glider take-off and land.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Temperature in sailplane is about the same as it is on the ground.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 5 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 5 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Is it safe?
You can rest assured that the ride pilots are FAA Certified Commercial Pilots and have thousands of hours of flight time. All rides are given in high performance sailplanes, which are as large as airplanes and not to be confused with small, lightweight hang gliders.
What if it is cancelled due to bad weather?
If the pilot cancels your flight due to weather conditions, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider.
Are there any physical restrictions?
The combined weight of the passengers may not exceed 300 pounds and passengers must fit into a seat equivalent in size to 1.5 car seats.
Are there any age restrictions?
Participants under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 51 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Scenic Glider RideFrom: $99Avg Rating of: 5(13)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $200Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)From: $66Avg Rating of: 4-half(13)
- Front Range Balloon RideFrom: $249Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- Rocky Mountain Balloon RideFrom: $275Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Guided ATV Tour (for 2+)From: $350Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- Clear Creek Rafting - Half DayFrom: $78
- All Denver Experiences
"It was extremely windy that morning, but the people were excellent."
"Beautiful day, wonderful flight, great pilot. Couldn't have been better."
"our pilot Dave was fantastic"