*Usually 1 per month
Fly high over beautiful Colorado on a scenic tour then learn how to fly on a state of the art flight simulator!
- Pilots are FAA certified, friendly and knowledgeable
- Soar above downtown Denver or the Boulder Flat Irons on a 30-minute scenic tour in a Robinson R-44
- Climb into a helicopter flight simulator following the flight and learn how to fly like a pro with 30 minutes of training
- Combine flying as a passenger with manning the simulator on this helicopter combo flight!
Combine a scenic tour with a flight simulator session with this one of a kind helicopter experience!
Enjoy a 30-minute scenic tour for unbeatable views of beautiful, mountainous Colorado. Choose to fly towards Downtown Denver or head closer to Boulder and the famous Flat Irons. Get an aerial view of the Rocky Mountains from the comfort of a Robinson R-44!
Next, you'll try your hands at a state of the art helicopter flight simulator. Learn how to fly with instructions from an FAA certified flight instructor. Each participant will have 30 minutes of simulator time to feel what it's like to fly a helicopter!
- The individual weight of each participant may not exceed 290 pounds
- Photo ID is required
- Participants must be at least 4 years or older
- Parental consent form must be signed for students under 18 years old
- No experience necessary
Participants can expect to be at the airport for 1.5 hours total with approximately 30 minutes of simulator time and 30 minutes in the helicopter on the scenic flight.
This experience is for up to 3 participants.
Spectators are welcome to observe take-off and landing from a viewing area located at the heliport.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions; flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
What type of helicopter will the scenic flight be in?
You will fly in a Robinson R-44 helicopter.
Are there any age, height or weight restrictions?
Participants must be at least 4 years old. There are no height restrictions, however passengers individual weights may not exceed 290 pounds.
What if the weather is bad?
Safety is the top priority. In the event of inclement weather, you will work directly with your pilot to reschedule. Always contact the experience provider on the day of your experience with any questions regarding weather conditions.
Do I need any experience for the flight simulator?
No experience is necessary!
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 63 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Scenic Glider RideAvg Rating of: 5(20)From: $99
- Scenic Adventure Flight LessonAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $269
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $275
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(21)From: $80
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- RiNo Route Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 5(2)From: $80
- Front Range Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $249
- All Denver Experiences
"The helicopter flight was awesome! We chose to fly over downtown Denver and loved every minute of it! Our pilot was great as well as the other staff members. The owner, Dennis, was so nice and welcoming! You can tell he is passionate about flying and is very knowledgeable about all of the helicopters on sight. The flight simulator was the best in the industry and was really cool -- you actually felt like you were flying a real helicopter!"