Snow Kiting in Colorado
Mid-November through March:
Daily at 11:00 AM
*Pending weather and instructor availabilty
- Instructors are all Professional Kite Boarding Instructors of America Certified
- Featured on Denver's CBS4 News
- Learn the basics of snow kiting, from how to safely harness the power of the "wind window", to kite control, and riding on skis or a snowboard
- Enjoy an exciting day learning this new sport on scenic Lake Dillon
You may be an expert skier or snowboarder, but 80% of snow kiting is kite control. Controlling the kite is a skill that takes some time and instruction. Let us teach you the skills to become a snow kite master!
First, you will learn about the fundamentals of kiting and what we call the "wind window". Next you'll head out onto the snow and start off learning to fly a smaller kite, one that is not big enough to lift you off the ground, so don't worry! You'll learn to launch, de-power, and land the kite safely. Once comfortable, you can hop on a pair of skis and give it a go.
After completion of this class, you will receive your Level 1 Pilot Certification which puts you one step away from experiencing kiting on your own.
Let kite boarding open the door to fun and adventure for you!
- Lessons are given on a flat groomed surface
- Price includes use of kite and all required kite boarding gear, but does not include skis/snowboard and boots, rentals are available for additional price if you do not own your own gear
- If you ski and snowboard, it is recommend to start out on skis
Approximately 4 hours
Up to 4 people per class
Spectators are allowed to watch, but not participate in the lesson.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress as you would if skiing or snowboarding.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 5 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 5 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Do you recommend skis or a snowboard?
Skis are definitely easier to learn on, no question. Even if you are a seasoned snowboarder a novice skier will pick it up quicker. So we really recommend learning on skis first. It can be as simple as just flying a kite on the ground to just stepping into your bindings and off you go! Once you're proficient with a kite a snowboard may be the final step to transfer easily back and forth from the water to snow.
Is it easy to learn?
Yes, snowkiting is the easiest form of kiting to master. If you have ever wanted to try it on the water here is where you should start. Most students can grasp all of the skills easily in the same day since the snow allows one to ride with smaller more easily controlled kites.
Is this weather dependent?
The lesson is weather dependent. If your instructor cancels the lesson due to weather you would reschedule directly with them.
What is included?
Lesson includes use of kite and all required kite boarding gear, but does not include skis/snowboard and boots. Rentals are available for additional price if you do not own your own gear.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 68 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Scenic Glider RideAvg Rating of: 5(18)From: $99
- Scenic Adventure Flight LessonAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $269
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $275
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $80
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $225
- RiNo Route Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(1)From: $80
- Front Range Balloon RideAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $249
- All Denver Experiences