During the winter season- typically mid-November through March
- Professional Kite Boarding Instructors of America (PKIA) certified
- Featured on Denver's CBS4 News
- Learn the basics of Snow Kiting; from how to safely harness the power of the "wind window", to kite control, and riding on skis or a snowboard
- Enjoy an exciting day learning this new sport on scenic Lake Dillon
You may be an expert skier or snowboarder, but 80% of Snow Kiting is kite control. Controlling the kite is a skill that takes some time and instruction. Let us teach you the skills to become a Snow Kite Master!
First, you will learn about the fundamentals of kiting and what we call the "wind window". Next you'll head out onto the snow and start off learning to fly a smaller kite (one that is not big enough to lift you off the ground, so don't worry!). You'll learn to launch, de-power, and land the kite safely. Once comfortable, you can hop on a pair of skis and give it a go.
After completion of this class, you will receive your Level 1 Pilot Certification which puts you one step away from experiencing kiting on your own.
Let kite boarding open the door to fun and adventure for you!
Lessons are given on a flat groomed surface. The lesson area is also separated from the general public to help beginner confidence.
Price includes use of kite and all required kite boarding gear, but does not include skis/snowboard and boots. If you have skis/snowboard you will want to bring them, or rentals are available.
If you ski and snowboard, we recommend starting out on skis, it's much easier!
4 - 5 hours
Up to 4 people per class
Spectators are allowed to watch, but not participate in the lesson.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Dress as you would if skiing or snowboarding.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 7 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
What is Snowkiting?
Snowkiting is the newest and fastest growing winter sport, and with good reason, it's exciting and easy to learn! If you already have a board or skis, you are half way there! A small kite and a short lesson is all you need to get started.
Do you recommend skis or a snowboard?
Skis are definitely easier to learn on, no question. Even if you are a seasoned snowboarder a novice skier will pick it up quicker. So we really recommend learning on skis first. It can be as simple as just flying a kite on the ground to just stepping into your bindings and off you go! Once you're proficient with a kite a snowboard may be the final step to transfer easily back and forth from the water to snow.
Is it easy to learn?
Yes, snowkiting is the easiest form of kiting to master. If you have ever wanted to try it on the water here is where you should start. Most students can grasp all of the skills easily in the same day since the snow allows one to ride with smaller more easily controlled kites.
Are there many people snowkiting?
There are people snowkiting in nearly every snow covered country around the world. There is a World Championship competition that links the US with European riders and showcases the leading Freestyle developments.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 54 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyFrom: $210Avg Rating of: 5(12)
- Scenic Glider RideFrom: $119Avg Rating of: 5(6)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $230Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)From: $85Avg Rating of: 4(6)
- Walking Food Tour of DenverFrom: $55
- Front Range Balloon RideFrom: $275Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- Rocky Mountain Balloon RideFrom: $305Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Guided ATV Tour (for 2+)From: $380Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- All Denver Experiences