Whitewater Rafting & Ziplining - Buena Vista
Buena Vista, CO
May through Mid-August:
Daily - 8:30 AM
- Raft Class II-III rapids on the Brown's Canyon stretch of the Arkansas River
- Hit speeds up to 30 MPH as you zipline through the forest for over 3,000 feet
- Your award winning guides will make sure you and your group have a truly memorable experience
- A perfect choice for all ages, this experience delivers a mix of exhilarating whitewater, exciting ziplining fun and stunning scenery
You'll start your morning rafting on one of America's favorite stretches of whitewater, Brown's Canyon of the Arkansas River. This section of the river is great for rafters of all ages and experience levels, with Class II-III rapids set among stunning scenery.
After rafting, enjoy a break for lunch and get ready for one of the most exciting and popular Colorado summer adventures, ziplining. As you soar through the forest on a truly impressive zipline course, you'll experience thrills and the serenity of nature all at once.
Zipline course description:
- Line 1 (553 feet) - Line 1 starts out on a cliff and zips through the woods and lands high in an old growth tree
- Bridge (96 feet) - This is a high bridge about 35 feet off the ground that connects between 2 large trees
- Line 2 (538 feet) - Line 2 leaves from a high tree 35 feet above the ground and travels fast through the trees, landing on a platform tucked into the cliffs
- Line 3 (520 feet) - Line 3 takes off from the cliffs and takes you for a wild ride, landing on the ground on a bench overlooking the Arkansas River
- Bridge (97 feet) - This is a ladder bridge that goes from the ground up 30 feet to the top platform in a large tree
- Line 4 (375 feet) - Line 4 leaves from high inside an old growth tree, and it shoots through and above the trees out onto a large cliff
- Line 5 (899 feet) - Line 5 leaves from the cliffs then travels fast through the trees to the valley floor
- Line 6 (258 feet) - This leaves from a tree deck 45 feet off the ground and lands on another tree deck 35 feet in the air
- Line 7 (325 feet) - This final zip brings you high into an old growth tree
- Participants must be at least 15 years old, and weigh between 75 and 250 pounds
- Participants must not have any previous heart conditions or be pregnant
- Not recommended for those with serious back or knee injuries
- This experience requires an approximately 10 minute hike to the start location
- Includes permits, harness and technical equipment for ziplining
- Rapids range fromClass II-III
Approximately 8 hours
Up to 10 participants per zipline time slot and 5-7 participants per raft.
This experience is for booked participants only.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Expect to get wet rafting! Wear a bathing suit, sunscreen, and shoes that stay securely on your feet. Flip flops are not allowed. Wet suits, splash jacket, life jacket, helmet & paddle are all provided. For ziplining it is recommended to wear closed-toe, sturdy shoes, long pants or knee length shorts, no baggy clothing that could get tangled in your harness, and a shirt with a collar to prevent rub from harness straps.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling may be allowed, however rescheduling within 14 days of your experience and outside 48 hours before the trip will result in a $10 per participant change fee, and no rescheduling will be allowed inside of 48 hours of your experience.
What if it rains?
This experience is weather dependent. If it is cancelled due to weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider.
What class rapids will we do?
Rapids range from Class II-III.
Other Denver Gift Ideas:(View all 66 Denver experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $99
- Drive a NASCAR Stock CarAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $488
- Scenic Glider RideAvg Rating of: 5(16)From: $99
- Scenic Adventure Flight LessonAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $269
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $275
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $64
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $200
- Denver Microbrew Tour (for 2+)Avg Rating of: 4-half(20)From: $80
- All Denver Experiences