Day with a Master Sommelier
Most areas of Michigan
Year-round: Events must start by 2:00 PM unless otherwise agreed upon. Sundays are not available.
- Explore the world of wine up close and personal with one of the world's best
- Initial consultation to understand your current level of wine knowledge to craft a one of a kind experience
- Some areas to explore: regional history and geography, grape varietals, blind tasting techniques, building a strong foundation to explore wine and more
A certified Master Sommelier diploma is the highest distinction a professional can attain in fine wine and beverage service. Testing is focused on the areas of Blind Tasting, Practical Dining Room Performance, and the global knowledge of wine, spirits, beers, and cigars.
During this experience you will have the opportunity to explore the seductive world of wine up close and personal with one of the world's best.
Typical areas of experiential instruction are regional history and geography, grape varietals and blind tasting techniques for the wine consumer. For the new enthusiast, enjoy a thorough introduction providing you a strong foundation to comfortably explore wine.
More About Your Instructor:
Theres always something new to learn about wine, says Ron Edwards, MS. Ron is becoming well known as one of Americas most distinguished and approachable wine ambassadors. He is an established member of the exclusive Court of Master Sommeliers, the crafts premier professional order, making Ron one of less than 200 experts worldwide who have achieved the prestigious Master Sommelier credential.
Edwards has turned his ambassadorship into a full time pursuit through his company Ron Edwards, MS Consulting which serves all levels of the beverage and hospitality industry. Rons expertise is showcased through consumer education events, teaching courses to future Sommeliers, creating unique and profitable beverage programs, orchestrating wine focused special events, inspiring the nobility of service, and taking any wine program to the next level. Edwards philosophy is that the limits of his services are only bounded by the imagination of the client.
Some of his past and current clients:
- Grand Hotel
- Townsend Hotel
- Galley Gourmet
- La Becasse
- Chef Brian Polcyn, author and owner of Five Lakes Grill
- Stuart Brioza, one of the Top 10 Best New Chefs by Food and Wine Magazine
- Jean Robert de Caval of Pigalle
- James Beard Winner Takashi Yagihashi
Participants must be 21 years of age. Due to the subjectivity of the event, wine is not included. When estimating additional costs for wine, consider the following:
You will taste between 8-14 wines over the course of your experience. A good budget of $75/bottle will allow for great flexibility for wines purchased. Travel fees for Mr. Edwards not included.
Private experience for up to 12 people.
This experience is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14-21 days in advance.
All bookings are final. Cancellations outside of 2 weeks from the book date will receive a 50% refund. There is a 25% rebooking fee within 2 weeks of the initial booking and there is no refund of the booking fee, as it will be applied to the new date.
Other Detroit Gift Ideas:(View all 22 Detroit experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $99Avg Rating of: 4-half(24)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $369Avg Rating of: 5(30)
- Learn To Fly in MichiganFrom: $235
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $355Avg Rating of: 5(6)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $280
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $235Avg Rating of: 4-half(3)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- TPI 3D K-Vest Swing AnalysisFrom: $180
- All Detroit Experiences