Livingston County Airport - Howell, MI
Daily - 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
*Pending pilot availability
- Learn to fly a 2014 Cirrus SR20 - one of the safest, most innovative training aircrafts in aviation today
- Experienced FAA-certified instructor will guide you through both an informative ground school and the hands-on flight
- Take the controls of the airplane while enjoying a beautiful birds-eye view of the wonderful Michigan landscape
- No experience necessary
Have you always wondered what it would be like to sit in the pilot's seat of an airplane, take the controls, and soar into the horizon? This Learn to Fly experience is for you!
Your flight lesson begins with ground school, where you will learn the basics and prepare for your flight. Your instructor will take you through the preflight inspection and prepare the Cirrus SR20 for takeoff.
After ground school and preflight inspection, it's time for takeoff!
Your FAA certified flight instructor will guide you every step of the way as you take to the sky. You will do the majority of the flying once airborne.
Individual participants must weigh less than 250 lbs. The combined weight of two participants must be no more than 500 lbs.
One student and one passenger are allowed per flight. The student will sit at the controls and the passenger will sit in the back seat of the aircraft.
Must be at least 15 years of age. Students under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
30-minute flight option: includes 10-minutes of ground instruction followed by a 30-minute flight. 60-minute flight option: includes 10 minutes of ground instruction followed by a 60-minute flight.
One student and one passenger are allowed per flight.
Spectators are welcome to take pictures prior to the flight. They can also watch takeoff and landing from the lobby.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable, weather appropriate clothing. It is also recommended to bring a camera, video camera, and sunglasses.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is there an age requirement to participate?
Participants must be at least 15 years old. Those under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
What if there is bad weather the day of my flight?
Contact your experience provider directly if you have any questions about weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
Other Detroit Gift Ideas:(View all 23 Detroit experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Stock Car Ride AlongFrom: $99Avg Rating of: 4-half(24)
- Drive a Stock CarFrom: $369Avg Rating of: 5(30)
- Learn To Fly in MichiganFrom: $208
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $325Avg Rating of: 5(6)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $250
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- Indy Car Ride AlongFrom: $130
- Drive an Indy CarFrom: $499
- All Detroit Experiences