Live-Aboard Intro Sailing Course
May - October:
Saturdays - 10:00 AM
- All instructors are Certified Sailing Instructors and are USCG Licensed
- Completion of this class enables students to charter sail boats under 30 feel long in moderate winds and sea conditions
- Learn the fundamentals of sailing, including boat handling, cruising, safety measures and much more
- Enjoy a weekend of sailing instruction learning valuable skills in this comprehensive and intensive class
These three day ICSO Lake Erie sailing lessons are for those who want to learn to sail, are preparing to day charter, or are thinking about buying a sail boat. The curriculum includes detailed boat handling, safety procedures and rules of the road.
Completion of this course enables the student to safely captain an auxiliary sailboat 20-30 feet in length in moderate seas and winds. No prior sailing experience is necessary for this course.
The philosophy here is that you learn sailing on the water by sailing the boat. This school's emphasis is on developing and practicing proper boat handling, cruising, and safety techniques.
The goal is to assure that students not only achieve their ICSO certification, but also know what to do when the instructor is no longer present.
By spending the majority of the sailing lessons on the water sailing, students retain their skills long after their sailing lessons have been completed.
After you've completed this course, you'll be ready to set sail for the high seas!
- This course is available on weekends only
- This experience is limited to ages 10 and up
- This is a live-aboard class with on-board accommodations provided on Friday and Saturday nights at no extra charge
- Price includes course materials, which will be sent to the participants prior to the experience
- Price does not include meals, which will be available each time you dock
- Gratuity will be graciously accepted if you feel your Instructor is deserved of one
- Participants will receive ICSO certification upon completion of the course
Your course will begin at 10:00 AM on Saturday and end Monday afternoon.
You will be joined by other participants, for a maximum of 4 people per class.
This is only for the scheduled participants.
This class will run rain or shine. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear layered clothing, bring rain gear, and wear light soled shoes. In addition, it is recommended to bring a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and sailing gloves.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30-90 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 30 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or reschedule at least 30 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of this experience.
Other Detroit Gift Ideas:(View all 25 Detroit experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn To Fly in MichiganAvg Rating of: 5(7)From: $208
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $325
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(10)From: $109
- Drive a NASCARAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $538
- Race a FerrariFrom: $388
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $338
- Supercar Thrill RideFrom: $299
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 4(1)From: $300
- All Detroit Experiences