Homestead-Miami Speedway - Miami, FL
Select Dates Only:
AM times are typically 8:00 or 10:00
PM times are typically 12:00 or 2:00
- Full size, Sprint Cup stock cars that have been raced by the likes of Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Casey Mears and Dale JR.
- Options ranging from 8 - 32 minutes of racing (don't worry, even 8 minutes is a long time at 150+ MPH!)
- No lead car, no pace car, and passing is allowed.
- Receive a color certificate printed with your top speed!
Experience first-hand the thrill and excitement of racing in a Sprint Cup NASCAR stock car.
After a short classroom session where you will learn vehicle dynamics, racing lines, and safety instruction you will head out to the track to find your 500 HP Sprint Cup stock car waiting.
A crew member buckles you in, checks your radio, and gives the "thumbs up" sign to your instructor. You will start your engine, hear that V8 roar, and pull onto the track! Then the green flag flies and it is "pedal to the metal".
As your Instructor coaches you over the radio you will drive at your own pace, passing slower cars when you catch them. From flag to flag as you experience side-by-side racing, drafting, passing and more.
You can choose from a variety of lap options, but don't be surprised if you leave wanting more!
Add a Ride Along
Select an option that includes a 3 Lap Ride Along and let a professional driver show you the full potential of these amazing racecars as he takes you on the ride of your life! The perfect addition for any Driving package!
Since 2002 Homestead-Miami Speedway has hosted the final races of the season for all three of NASCAR's series. This 1.5-mile oval is known for its steep variable banking, producing a number of close finishes. Check it out for yourself and put the pedal to the metal like a pro!
- Participants must be a minimum of 5'0'' and 100 lbs in order to participate, and a maximum of 6'7" and 280 lbs
- Participants must be in good overall physical condition
- A valid driver's license is required
- Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent of legal guardian who must sign a consent form
- Vehicles are manual transmission (stick shift), however the crew is happy to assist you if you need a little help
- Pricing includes a $35 drivers fee that covers accidental insurance coverage, souvenir racing license and ear buds
- Feel free to bring snacks and non-alcoholic beverages
- Some seating is provided, however, it is recommended to bring lawn chairs to guarantee a seat for any spectators
All driving experiences are completed within 3 hours.
1 per car
Yes, we encourage you to bring family and friends, and don't forget the cameras!
If we have inclement weather and have to cancel, you may either reschedule for another available date or be issued a gift card that you can use to reschedule at your convenience. A refund will not be issued due to rainouts.
What to Wear:
Comfortable, casual clothes depending on the time of year as your clothing will be worn under a driving suit. Wear closed toe shoes, tennis shoes are recommended.
For this experience we recommend booking at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation all bookings are final. No refunds or exchanges are allowed once you have scheduled a date. If you need to reschedule, you have up until 30 days prior to your reservation to make changes for a $50 administrative fee. Once you are within 30 days of the event, you are then locked in to that date and time and no changes can be made.
What happens if I wreck the car?
The price includes a $35 fee for racing license and liability insurance. This releases you from all vehicle damage.
Is passing allowed?
Yes. If you come up on a slower race car, your Personal Racing Instructor will lead you around the slower group. Passing makes the experience more of an authentic racing experience.
Can I choose which racecar I drive?
No, unfortunately the racing school cannot guarantee which exact cars will be at the track on a given date, nor can they promise the specific car a participant will be assigned to for his/her drive. Each participant is assigned to a car with careful consideration, based on individual height and weight.
What is your policy on rain-outs?
If your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, your experience provider will contact you and either reschedule you for another available date or issue you a gift card that you can use to reschedule at your convenience. A refund will not be issued due to rainouts.
Do I have to know how to drive a stick shift?
Yes, the cars you will be driving have a 4-speed racing transmission.If you need a little help, the professionals at the track will be glad to assist you, as it is really quite easy for everyone to drive a race car.
What is the age requirement?
Participants must have a valid drivers license, and participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must sign a written consent form.
Are there any physical requirements or restrictions?
Participants must be a minimum of 5'0'' and 100 lbs in order to participate, a maximum of 6'7" and 280 lbs, and must also be in good overall physical condition. Participants will be required to climb through a 15'' x 30'' window, that sits 36'' off the ground (with minimal assistance).
What does the typical day look like?
Following a one-hour pre-drive orientation/training session with the racing school's Crew Chief and professional instructors, you'll drive a real Sprint Cup style stock car on a speedway for a timed session. Total drive-time will depend on the program purchased. For this experience, there is no lead car utilized and and no instructor in the car with you! You will have constant, 2-way communication with a professional racing instructor through a state-of-the-art, in-car racing electronics radio system. Upon completion, you'll receive a full-color, Graduate Certificate with your top speed proudly displayed on it.
Do I need a driver's license?
Yes, driving participants must have a valid (legal and not expired), government-issued driver's license (from any country).
Do I need to bring my own racing gear?
No, the racing school will provide you with racing gear, including a driving suit and helmet. If you have your own gear that you would like to use, you are welcome to bring it for possible use, but it will be subject to inspection and approval for use by the Track Operator. Gear will be available for you at the track, should you not be approved to use your own.
Other Ft Lauderdale Gift Ideas:(View all 55 Ft Lauderdale experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyAvg Rating of: 4-half(28)From: $190
- Race a LamborghiniFrom: $299
- Race a FerrariAvg Rating of: 1-half(1)From: $349
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $469
- NASCAR Ride AlongAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $107
- NASCAR Driving ExperienceAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $378
- West Palm Beach Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(2)From: $69
- Little Havana Food TourFrom: $60
- Dinner & Show Riverboat CruiseFrom: $53
- All Ft Lauderdale Experiences