Honolulu International Airport - Honolulu, Hawaii
Daily - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- FAA Certified Pilots take you on a 50-minute, heart pumping aerial adventure in an MD-500 helicopter
- Take in unparalleled views of the most scenic Oahu landmarks that may include Pearl Harbor and Sacred Falls
- Perfect photo opportunities without window obstruction
- Keep your eyes open for humpback whales, pods of dolphins and other marine life on this high-adrenaline flight!
The Doors Off Helicopter Thrill Ride is the perfect flight for the adrenaline junkies seeking more than just a scenic sightseeing tour!
You'll fly for approximately 50-minutes in a rugged MD-500 Helicopter, featured on the Magnum P.I. television series. With the doors off, you'll feel the wind in your hair and may even feel the spray of the ocean on your face!
Keep your eyes to the water for pods of spinner dolphins, manta rays, Hawaiian green sea turtles and during the winter months, humpback whales!
Sights along the route may include:
- Honolulu Harbor
- Diamond Head Crater
- Downtown Honolulu
- "Jurassic Park" Valley
- Pearl Harbor
- Sacred Falls
The Doors Off Helicopter Thrill Ride combines a heart-pumping aerial adventure with the scenic beauty of a sightseeing flight for an undeniable great time!
- Participants must be at least 12 years of age
- Open seating - seat assignments determined by weight and balance.
- All passengers must bring a valid form of ID
- Passengers over 250 pounds may incur an additional fee
- Passengers cannot scuba dive 24 hours before or after a helicopter flight
- The route described is under normal trade winds and weather. Pilots reserve the right to alter the flight paths, as needed
Flight time is approximately 50 minutes.
Up to 6 passengers, pending weight restrictions
Additional spectators beyond the listed helicopter passengers are not allowed in the helicopter, but are welcome to watch take-off and landing and take pictures.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event of inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Are there any age, height or weight restrictions?
All ages are welcome on the flight, however passengers over the age of 2 are required by the FAA to sit in their own seat. Passengers over 250 pounds may be subject to an additional fee. Your seat assignment will be determined by weight and balance.
Can I take pictures from the helicopter?
Yes!The MD-500 Helicopter is perfect for photography enthusiasts!
What do I need to bring with me?
Please bring a government issued, valid form of ID with you.
Why is scuba diving not allowed 24 hours before and after this flight?
Flying too soon after an underwater descent, puts divers at risk for decompression sickness. DCS can happen when one experiences a significant atmospheric pressure change within a short period of time; in this case rapidly going from a scuba dive to a high altitude. Therefore, scuba diving is not allowed 24 hours before or after a flight.
What if my flight is cancelled due to weather?
We always recommend contacting your pilot on the day of your experience if you have any concerns regarding weather. In the event your flight is cancelled due to weather you can reschedule directly with your pilot.
Other Hawaii Gift Ideas:(View all 47 Hawaii experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Lanai Island Snorkeling Cruise - MauiAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $95
- Maui Hawaii: Dinner Cruise & Luau ComboFrom: $176
- Hana & Haleakala Helicopter Tour - MauiAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $260
- Zipline & Waterfalls - MauiFrom: $239
- Full Day Rappelling Adventure - MauiFrom: $209
- Waterfalls & Rainforest Hike - MauiFrom: $130
- Historic Pearl Harbor Tour - OahuFrom: $97
- North Shore Adventure Tour - OahuFrom: $94
- Dolphin Watching and Lunch Cruise - OahuFrom: $83
- All Hawaii Experiences