Maunalua Bay - Oahu, HI
Monday through Friday - 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Rocket high into the air for an unbeatable adrenaline rush when you learn to Fly a Jetpack over Maunalua Bay near Honolulu!
- Experience providers supplied the first commercial water jetpacks in America
- Learn to fly prior to strapping on the jetpack and remain in touch with your coach using a built-in radio system during flight
- Enjoy 15-minutes of flight with this one-of-a-kind jetpack experience in Hawaii!
Learn how to soar through the air like a superhero when you Fly a Jetpack in Hawaii!
Before you get your feet wet, you'll team up with a trained and experienced instructor for a pre-flight training complete with a safety video. You'll then be transported to the jetpack launch site in beautiful Maunalua Bay!
First-time flyers are flying within 5-10 minutes with the throttle controlled by the instructor. Remain in contact with your instructor using the two-way, built in radio system in the helmet.
Basic maneuvers performed during the 15-minute flight may include steering, elevation control, deep water landings and low to high level taxi.
Advanced maneuvers include walking on water, underwater submarines, donut turns, low hovering and no-handed flying.
Take in magnificent views of the Hawaii Kai coastline, Koko Crate, Koko Head and the Ko'olau Mountain Range on this adrenline rushing, once in a lifetime jetpack experience in Hawaii!
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age and bring a valid form of ID
- Pregnant women cannot participate due to safety concerns
- Must weigh between 85 - 315 pounds and be between 5'0" and 7'0" in height
- A PFD and helmet equipped with a radio system will be provided
- Photo and video packages are available for purchase directly from the experience provider
Approximately 45 minutes total with 15 minutes in the flight mode
You may be accompanied by other participants, with a maximum of 20.
Spectators are welcome to watch the flights.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
It is recommended to dress as if you were headed to the beach. A swimsuit, towel, sunscreen and sunglasses are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or cancel/reschedule 72 hours prior will result in the loss of the value of this experience.
How do we get to the jetpack launch site?
Your experience providers will drive you from the training session to the Maunalua Bay.
Do I need experience?
You do not need experience to fly a jetpack, but you must be a good swimmer and not have a fear of heights.
What do I need to bring with me?
All participants must bring a valid form of ID. It is recommended to bring a swimsuit, sunscreen, sunglasses, water and snacks.
What are the physical restrictions?
Participants must be in good health and should not have history of a heart condition. Pregnant women cannot participate due to safety concerns. All participants must be at least 16 years old and weigh between 85-315 pounds. Participants must be between 5'0" and 7'0" tall.
Will I be able to fly?
Every pilot will learn differently, but most first-time pilots are airborne within their first 5-10 minutes in the jetpack. The instructor will handle the throttle and provide feedback throughout the flight.
Do I need to be strong to fly?
You do not need tremendous strength to fly the jetpack. Some pilots report arm and shoulder fatigue after the first flight because first-time flyers tend to over-tense instead of relaxing their grip.
Can the water from the jetpack hurt my arms and legs?
It is advised to keep clear of the jets, which can expel up to 1,000 gallons of water per minute. However, pilots can safely put their hands and feet in the jet streams with no major discomfort.
How high will I go and what happens if I fall?
The maximum height of a jetpack flight is 30 feet into the air and if you fall from that height, you will enter the water at less than 30 MPH.
Other Hawaii Gift Ideas:(View all 47 Hawaii experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Lanai Island Snorkeling Cruise - MauiAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $95
- Maui Hawaii: Dinner Cruise & Luau ComboFrom: $176
- Hana & Haleakala Helicopter Tour - MauiAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $260
- Zipline & Waterfalls - MauiFrom: $239
- Full Day Rappelling Adventure - MauiFrom: $229
- Waterfalls & Rainforest Hike - MauiFrom: $130
- Historic Pearl Harbor Tour - OahuFrom: $97
- North Shore Adventure Tour - OahuFrom: $94
- Dolphin Watching and Lunch Cruise - OahuFrom: $83
- All Hawaii Experiences