Kahului - Maui, HI
Daily - 7:00 AM, 8:30 AM, 10:00 AM, & 11:30 AM
*Start time may vary if transportation is selected
- Explore the beautiful Puohokamoa Valley, featured in Jurassic Park, with a top rated provider on TripAdvisor
- Drive along the famous Hana Highway with your knowledgeable guides
- Practice your skills with 3 opportunities to rappel
- Full day experience includes lunch, and all equipment
- This is your chance to take a walk on the wild side!
Your adventure begins with an approximately 1-hour drive down the famous Hana Highway. A destination all it's own, the highway will provide breathtaking views of the coast and surrounding landscape. You won't want it to end but you'll be at your destination before you know it and the best is yet to come!
Next, you will arrive at a private rain forest canyon and gear up with your guides. You will be using top-rated professional equipment so you can stop worrying about safety and start focusing on the adventure ahead. Equipment provided includes footwear, harness, backpack with dry keg, flotation jacket and helmet. Once you are geared up and ready to go, you will embark on a brief hike into a tropical paradise.
You will arrive at a high ridge overlooking the valley below and spend some time training on a dry 40-60 foot jungle wall. Once you've mastered the art of rappelling, you'll move on to an exciting 50-foot waterfall where you'll descend into a large pool and swim to shore. Finally, you'll rappel the more technical 30-foot waterfall and prove just how good you've gotten!
Once you're group has completed all 3 rappels, you'll hike back up to the top via a well-maintained trail for a distance of approximately 1/2 mile back to the vans.
Note, lunch will be provided and water will be available. There is also ample opportunity throughout the day to rest and take photographs between rappels and hiking.
This is the best way to spend a day in the rain forest!
- Participants must be at least 10 years of age and weigh at least 70 pounds
- Participants must not exceed 250 pounds
- Lunch, snacks, water, backpack, and all repelling gear included
The Rappelling Adventure lasts approximately 6.5 hours. If hotel pickup is selected, the total experience will last about 7 hours.
Group sizes vary, the tour is typically limited to 8 people.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is not weather dependent.
What to Wear:
Fast drying clothes are recommended. Surf shorts and rash guards are best but yoga/exercise pants work as well. Please wear comfortable sneakers or sport sandals for the 1/4 mile walk from the parking area. It is also good to bring a towel, sunscreen, and waterproof cameras.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 10 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed with at least 72 hours notice to your experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or reschedule at least 72 prior to your scheduled time will result in the loss of the value of the experience.
Is this experience weather dependent?
Typically, this tour runs rain or shine... it is a rain forest after all! If long periods of heavy rains or severe weather cause high or swift water, we do alternate rappels a safe distance from the water course. High water days are often thrilling, as the sights and sounds of the roaring falls are quite spectacular.
How far will we hike?
Hiking for this adventure is minimal. Over the course of the entire day, you will hike approximately 1/2 mile and gain about 300 feet of elevation. Please be sure to wear appropriate footwear (comfortable sneakers or athletic sandals) for the hike.
What equipment is included?
For this adventure, you will be provided with top-rated professional equipment. This will include specialized water footwear, harness, backpack with dry keg, flotation jacket and helmet.
Are there bathrooms available?
Yes! There will be bathrooms available at the trail head.
What will we have for lunch?
Lunch will be provided during the day. You will have the option of a turkey or veggie wrap, fruit, cookie, and water. There are gluten-free and vegan options available upon request. Please notify us of any dietary restrictions at the tie of booking.
Other Hawaii Gift Ideas:(View all 47 Hawaii experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Lanai Island Snorkeling Cruise - MauiAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $95
- Maui Hawaii: Dinner Cruise & Luau ComboFrom: $176
- Hana & Haleakala Helicopter Tour - MauiAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $260
- Zipline & Waterfalls - MauiFrom: $239
- Full Day Rappelling Adventure - MauiFrom: $209
- Waterfalls & Rainforest Hike - MauiFrom: $130
- Historic Pearl Harbor Tour - OahuFrom: $97
- North Shore Adventure Tour - OahuFrom: $94
- Dolphin Watching and Lunch Cruise - OahuFrom: $83
- All Hawaii Experiences