The Big Island:
Honokohau Harbor - Kailua-Kona, HI
Daily - 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Captain is an accredited ASA Certified Sailing Instructor
- Recipients of a 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
- Enjoy a catered breakfast and lunch that may include juice, fruit, breakfast pastries, sandwiches chips and cookies
- Snorkel, hoist sail or simply sit back and relax on the 7-hour customized private charter aboard a 40-foot luxury yacht!
Enjoy a day of sailing the beautiful waters of Hawaii when you climb aboard a luxury yacht for a private Full Day Sailing Charter along the Kona-Kohala Coast!
Your group will board the meticulously maintained sailing sloop, Imagine, for a day of unbeatable fun in the sun. After an orientation and safety briefing, you'll be ready to hoist sail and undock the 40-foot Catalina 400 sailing yacht.
Assist the accredited ASA Certified Sailing Instructor by taking the helm, adjusting the sails and navigating or choose to sit back and relax. Anchor for snorkeling or throw out a line and catch a fish from the beautiful yacht. Keep your eyes open for pods of dolphins, manta or whales during whale season!
Both breakfast and lunch will be served on the 7-hour sailing excursion and guests may bring outside food and beverages as well. The catered breakfast may include bagels, muffins, juices and fruit. Lunch options may include sandwiches, chips, cookies, juice and soda.
Spend a full day taking in spectacular views, snorkeling and sailing along the coast of Hawaii Island on this private Full Day Sailing Charter!
- Adults are required to sign the Charter Agreement with waiver; parents or guardians must sign for anyone under 18 years of age
- All passengers must be at least 6 years old
- It is recommended for pregnant women to consult with a doctor prior to scheduling a sailing charter
- Children under the age of 13 are required by the United States Coast Guard to wear a life vest
- Alcoholic beverages are not served on board, but guests are welcome to bring and serve their own
- Captain and crew gratuity is included in the price of this experience
Up to 6 passengers
This experience will be enjoyed by the participants only.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event of a cancellation due to weather, you will reschedule directly with your experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
It is recommended to dress as if you are headed to the beach. Swimsuits are encouraged and guests should bring a sweater, as the temperature is typically cooler on the water. Crew and all passengers will sail barefoot and leave all shoes at the harbor. Snorkel gear and towels will be provided on board.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your booked date. Failure to appear on your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event of a cancelled charter that cannot be rescheduled, Cloud 9 Living must be notified and a credit will be issued to your account to be applied toward a future experience.
How long is the Full Day Sailing Charter?
This private charter is 7 hours in length.
What kind of yacht will we be on for the Full Day Sailing Charter?
Your private charter will take place on Imagine, a 40 foot, 2007 Catalina 400 sloop-rigged, sailing yacht.
Are there any age restrictions?
Participants must be at least 6 years old. All participants under the age of 13 are required to wear a life vest. A parent or legal guardian must sign a waiver for anyone under the age of 18.
Is there a bathroom on board?
The sailing yacht is equipped with 2 marine heads on board, but most guests prefer to use the restroom in the parking area.
Is the yacht wheelchair accessible?
Per the U.S. Coast Guard, wheelchairs are not allowed on board. However, bench style seating with back support is available and the crew is happy to assist passengers during boarding.
Can we snorkel?
Yes! The sailing yacht is equipped with snorkels, mask and fins for snorkeling. There is also a fresh water shower at the swim-step and towels are available.
Can we bring food and beverages on board?
Breakfast and lunch will be served during the 7-hour sailing adventure including juices, soft drinks and water. Guests are welcome to bring food and beverages (including alcoholic beverages) on board.
Will I get seasick?
The sailing yacht is a heavy boat and can travel through swells smoothly, which eliminates the rolling motion. If prone to motion sickness, it is recommended to take your preferred remedy at least 2 hours before your trip.
Will we see any marine life?
Passengers might see pods of dolphins, manta and depending on the time of the year, whales. Sharks are not typically seen.
Other Hawaii Gift Ideas:(View all 47 Hawaii experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Lanai Island Snorkeling Cruise - MauiAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $95
- Maui Hawaii: Dinner Cruise & Luau ComboFrom: $176
- Hana & Haleakala Helicopter Tour - MauiAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $260
- Zipline & Waterfalls - MauiFrom: $239
- Full Day Rappelling Adventure - MauiFrom: $209
- Waterfalls & Rainforest Hike - MauiFrom: $130
- Historic Pearl Harbor Tour - OahuFrom: $97
- North Shore Adventure Tour - OahuFrom: $94
- Dolphin Watching and Lunch Cruise - OahuFrom: $83
- All Hawaii Experiences