Kahului - Maui, HI
- Go for 2 hikes exploring both sides of the Haleakala Crater; one at the 10,000-foot summit, and another on a lava trail at 8,000 feet
- Knowledgeable and friendly guides with over 30 years of experience providing award-winning eco-tours on Maui
- Awe-inspiring views stretch for miles throughout the Haleakala amphitheater!
Explore Maui's Haleakala Crater and tap into one of the more unique, awe-inspiring environments on the island of Maui.
Your informative and friendly guides will lead you on hikes into both sides of Haleakala, each with its own distinct environment and scenery.
You'll start with a 2-mile hike at the 10,000-foot summit of this dormant volcano. The desert-like views are never-ending and vastly different than anything else you'll experience while on Maui.
Next your guide will take you on another 2-mile hike along a lava trail at 8,000 feet of elevation. Along the way your guide will point out the rare native plant species that populate this volcanic environment.
If you're looking to explore all that Maui offers, not just the beautiful beaches, the Haleakala Crater is a must-see spot!
- Tour requires a minimum of 4 participants to run
- Participants must be at least 8 years of age, and comfortable hiking a total of 4 miles throughout the tour
- Lunch, snacks, water, bug repellent (if needed), backpack, and rain gear are provided
- Due to the high elevation, participants cannot scuba dive 24 hours before or after this experience
- Complimentary hotel pick up is available
This tour will last approximately 8-9 hours.
Group sizes vary, but the tour must have at least 4 participants and is typically limited to 12 people.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This tour is not weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear layered clothing (it can get cool on the volcano), sneakers, a hat, and sunscreen. Don't forget your camera!
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 10 days in advance. Please note that there is a minimum of 4 participants for this tour to run.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed with at least 72 hours notice to your experience provider. Failure to appear on your booked date or reschedule at least 72 prior to your scheduled time will result in the loss of the value of the experience.
What will the guide provide for the day?
Your guides will provide lunch & snacks, water, backpacks, ponchos in case of rain, insect repellent if needed, and a great time!
Other Hawaii Gift Ideas:(View all 46 Hawaii experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Lanai Island Snorkeling Cruise - MauiAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $95
- Maui Hawaii: Dinner Cruise & Luau ComboFrom: $176
- Hana & Haleakala Helicopter Tour - MauiFrom: $260
- Zipline & Waterfalls - MauiFrom: $239
- Full Day Rappelling Adventure - MauiFrom: $209
- Waterfalls & Rainforest Hike - MauiFrom: $130
- Historic Pearl Harbor Tour - OahuFrom: $97
- Dolphin Watching and Lunch Cruise - OahuFrom: $83
- Doors Off Helicopter Thrill Ride - OahuFrom: $235
- All Hawaii Experiences