Kona International Airport -Kailua-Kona, HI
Daily - 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Learn from FAA Certified Flight Instructors at the top flight school on the Hawaiian Islands
- Take the controls of an R-22 and fly with just your instructor or bring up to 2 friends in the R-44
- Lesson includes a 30-minute ground briefing and either approximately 30 or 60 minutes of flight time
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the Hawaiian Islands while you learn to fly!
If you've ever dreamed of flying, this is your chance to make dreams come true! And what better place to do it than in the amazingly beautiful setting of the Hawaiian Islands?
You will meet your FAA Certified Flight Instructor at the Kona airport. Once there, you will become familiar with the aircraft and given an approximately 30-minute ground briefing to teach you the controls and all safety procedures. Before you know, it will be time to climb aboard and take-off!
Your instructor will handle take off and landings but while in flight, you'll have the opportunity to practice some basic maneuvers. Try your hand at straight and level flight, climbs, turns and descents! Depending on the option selected, you'll have about 30 or 60 minutes to perfect these new skills.
If you choose to take your lesson alone, you and your instructor will fly in a Robinson R-22 Helicopter (pending weight restrictions). However, your first flight is definitely a memorable experience and many people like to share these memories. With this introductory flight lesson, you have the option to upgrade to a larger helicopter, a Robinson R-44, and bring along up to 2 friends for the flight (dependent on weight restrictions). You and your loved ones will be talking about this for years to come!
Quit dreaming and start doing with this Learn to Fly a Helicopter experience in Hawaii!
- To fly in the R-22 helicopter the student must weigh no more than 240 pounds
- For flights in the R-44 helicopter, the student may bring up to 2 additional passengers but the total weight of the student plus passengers must be no more than 600 pounds, and each individual must weigh no more than 275 pounds
- Passengers must be at least 7 years old and weigh a minimum of 40 pounds
- Students must be at least 14 years old to fly
- No experience necessary
Approximately 30 or 60 minutes of flight time depending on the option selected. Total experience time is about 40 minutes longer than the flight time selected.
Flights in the R-22 helicopter are limited to just the individual student. For flights in the R-44 helicopter, the student may bring up to 2 additional passengers pending combined weight restrictions.
This experience is for the student and passengers only.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of inclement weather, your pilot will work with you to reschedule your experience.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions; flat rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7-14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Livings's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Do I need previous flight experience?
No! This introductory flight lesson is perfect for first time flyers.
Can I bring along a passenger?
Yes! If you choose the R-44 option (Flight for Student + Passengers), you can bring along up to 2 friends, pending combined weight restrictions. Individual participants must not exceed 275 pounds and the combined weight must be less than 600 pounds.
What happens in the case of bad weather?
This experience is weather dependent. Please contact the experience provider with any concerns regarding the weather.
Other Hawaii Gift Ideas:(View all 47 Hawaii experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Lanai Island Snorkeling Cruise - MauiAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $95
- Maui Hawaii: Dinner Cruise & Luau ComboFrom: $176
- Hana & Haleakala Helicopter Tour - MauiAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $260
- Zipline & Waterfalls - MauiFrom: $239
- Full Day Rappelling Adventure - MauiFrom: $229
- Waterfalls & Rainforest Hike - MauiFrom: $130
- Historic Pearl Harbor Tour - OahuFrom: $97
- North Shore Adventure Tour - OahuFrom: $94
- Dolphin Watching and Lunch Cruise - OahuFrom: $83
- All Hawaii Experiences