The Big Island:
Honokohau Harbor - Kailua-Kona, HI
November through March - 4:00 PM
April through October - 5:00 PM
Enjoy the beauty of the setting sun in paradise on a private Sunset Sailing Charter off the coast of Hawaii Island!
- Captain and crew members are recipients of a 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
- 2-hour private cruise aboard a 40' Catalina 400 luxury sailing yacht
- Snacks on board may include sushi, shrimp, fruit, and a meat and cheese board
- Sail along the Kohala Coast for the best views of a gorgeous tropical sunset!
Marvel at the picturesque views of a beautiful Hawaiian sunset from the seat of a luxury sailing yacht on a Private Sunset Sailing Charter!
Your certified and experienced captain will sail you up the Kohala Coast for a unforgettable evening in paradise. Keep your eyes open for pods of dolphins, Manta, birds of paradise and whales on this 2-hour sail.
Enjoy snacks provided by crew members that may include fresh sushi, shrimp, fruit, sodas, juices and a delicious meat and cheese board.
The private charter for up to 6 passengers is catered to your group so feel free to assist the captain with hoisting sail and taking the helm or relax and enjoy the sights only available in paradise.
Whether you're looking for a romantic sail for 2 or a fun evening with friends on the water, the Private Sunset Sailing Cruise is the best way to spend an evening in paradise!
- All adults are required to sign the Charter Agreement with waiver; parents or guardians must sign for anyone under 18 years of age
- This experience is suitable for anyone over the age of 6
- It is recommended that pregnant women get doctors approval prior to scheduling a sailing charter
- Children under the age of 13 are required by the United States Coast Guard to wear a life vest
- Alcoholic beverages are not served on board, but guests are welcome to bring and serve their own
- Captain and crew gratuity is included in the price of this experience
Up to 6 passengers
This experience will be enjoyed by the participants only.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with questions regarding weather conditions. In the event of a cancellation due to weather, you will reschedule directly with your experience provider.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Guests should bring a sweater, as the temperature is typically cooler on the water. Crew and all passengers will sail barefoot and leave all shoes at the harbor. Towels are available on board and guests are welcome to swim, if desired.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your booked date. Failure to appear on your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event of a cancelled charter that cannot be rescheduled, Cloud 9 Living must be notified and a credit will be issued to your account to be applied toward a future experience.
How long is the Sunset Sailing Charter?
This private sailing charter is 2 hours in length.
What kind of yacht will we be on for the Sunset Sailing Charter?
Your private charter will take place on Imagine, a 40 foot, 2007 Catalina 400 sloop-rigged, sailing yacht.
Are there any age restrictions?
This experience is for anyone over the age of 6 years. Anyone under the age of 13 must wear a life vest while on deck. Parents or guardians must sign a parental consent form for anyone under 18 years of age.
Is there a bathroom on board?
The sailing yacht is equipped with two marine heads on board, but most guests prefer to use the restroom in the parking area.
Is the yacht wheelchair accessible?
Per the U.S. Coast Guard, wheelchairs are not allowed on board. However, bench style seating with back support is available and the crew is happy to assist passengers during boarding.
Can we bring food and beverages on board?
Breakfast and lunch will be served during the 7-hour sailing adventure including juices, soft drinks and water. Guests are welcome to bring food and beverages (including alcoholic beverages) on board.
Will I get seasick?
Most guests do not experience seasickness aboard Imagine. The sailing yacht is a heavy boat and can travel through swells smoothly, which eliminates the rolling motion. If prone to motion sickness, it is recommended to take Dramamine at least 2 hours before your trip.
Will we see any marine life?
Guests might see pods of dolphins, Manta and depending on the time of the year, whales. Sharks are not typically seen.
Other Hawaii Gift Ideas:(View all 47 Hawaii experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Lanai Island Snorkeling Cruise - MauiAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $95
- Maui Hawaii: Dinner Cruise & Luau ComboFrom: $176
- Hana & Haleakala Helicopter Tour - MauiAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $260
- Zipline & Waterfalls - MauiFrom: $239
- Full Day Rappelling Adventure - MauiFrom: $209
- Waterfalls & Rainforest Hike - MauiFrom: $130
- Historic Pearl Harbor Tour - OahuFrom: $97
- North Shore Adventure Tour - OahuFrom: $94
- Dolphin Watching and Lunch Cruise - OahuFrom: $83
- All Hawaii Experiences