Hapuna Heliport - Big Island, HI
Daily - Sunrise to Sunset
*Pending pilot availability
- The FAA Certified Pilots are recipients of the Platinum Safety Award from the Helicopter Association International
- Enjoy a 1 hour and 45 minute flight over the active Kilauea Volcano, the tropical valleys of the Kohala mountains, the rainforests of the Hamakua coast and more
- Big Island is home to 11 of the earth's 13 climate zones, and there's no better way to see them than from the sky!
A trip to the Big Island of Hawaii isn't complete without taking in the awesome power of Kilauea, possibly the most active volcano on earth. There's no better way to experience this live volcanic landscape than from high in the sky aboard a comfortable helicopter.
The intensity of Kilauea's fiery lava vents and volcanic landscape is sure to be a site you'll never forget. But, the Big Island offers much more than just volcanic landscapes. In fact, it is one of the most diverse environments on earth, boasting 11 of the planet's 13 climate zones.
You'll fly high above the tropical valleys of the Kohala mountains, filled with dozens of waterfalls. Take in mesmerizing views of the lush rainforests lining the Hamakua coast.
Experience the diversity and sheer awesomeness of the Big Island!
About the Whisper Star Helicopter - The ultimate in sightseeing helicopters, the Whisper Star offers exceptional interior room for up to 6 passengers, and has added plexiglass and elevated rear seats to enhance the view.
- Seat assignments are determined by weight and balance
- All passengers must bring a valid form of ID
- Participants cannot scuba dive 24 hours before or after this experience
Flight time is approximately 1 hour 45 minutes
Up to 6 passengers, pending weight restrictions
This tour is for booked participants only, but spectators are welcome to come take pictures and watch the take-off and landing.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event of inclement weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. Rubber-soled shoes are recommended.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 10 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is cancelled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
What if my flight is cancelled due to weather?
We always recommend contacting your pilot on the day of your experience if you have any concerns regarding weather. In the event your flight is cancelled due to weather you can reschedule directly with your pilot.
What do I need to bring?
All passengers must bring a valid form of ID. Also, don't forget to bring your camera!
Why is scuba diving not allowed 24 hours before and after this flight?
Flying too soon after an underwater descent, puts divers at risk for decompression sickness. DCS can happen when one experiences a significant atmospheric pressure change within a short period of time; in this case rapidly going from a scuba dive to a high altitude. Therefore, scuba diving is not allowed 24 hours before or after a flight.
Other Hawaii Gift Ideas:(View all 46 Hawaii experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Lanai Island Snorkeling Cruise - MauiAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $95
- Maui Hawaii: Dinner Cruise & Luau ComboFrom: $176
- Hana & Haleakala Helicopter Tour - MauiFrom: $260
- Zipline & Waterfalls - MauiFrom: $239
- Full Day Rappelling Adventure - MauiFrom: $209
- Waterfalls & Rainforest Hike - MauiFrom: $130
- Historic Pearl Harbor Tour - OahuFrom: $97
- Dolphin Watching and Lunch Cruise - OahuFrom: $83
- Doors Off Helicopter Thrill Ride - OahuFrom: $235
- All Hawaii Experiences