Saturdays - 10:00 AM
Travel the famous Texas Paddling Trail from it's confluence with Clear Lake, upstream through the Armand Bayou Nature Center on a guided, Armand Bayou Kayak Tour!
- Guides are members of the United States Rowing Association
- 3-hour tour includes kayak rental, water, and an experienced guide
- Keep your eyes open for wildlife that may include alligators, osprey, herons, pelicans, egrets and more
- Get closer to nature with a kayaking trip through the Armand Bayou near Houston!
Journey through the Armand Bayou Nature Preserve on a 3-hour, guided kayak tour!
Travel on the Texas Paddling Trail beginning at the confluence with Clear Lake. Travel upstream through the Armand Bayou Nature Center where the water meanders and narrows.
Along the route, keep a look out for over 220 species of birds that may include osprey, herons, pelicans, reseate spoonbills, egrets and more. 10-foot alligators are often seen within the nature center at Horsepen Bayou.
Your experience includes a state of the art kayak rental, bottled water and an experienced guide. Due to the length of the tour, parties of 2 or more will be encouraged to ride in a tandem kayak.
Embark on a trip to remember on the Armand Bayou Kayak Tour!
- You will be accompanied by an experienced guide
- Parties of 2 or more will be encouraged to ride in a tandem kayak due to the length of the tour
- Water is included in the price of this experience
- No kayaking experience is necessary
- Participants must be at least 5 years old - tandem kayaks are available by request
- Lifevests or PFD's will be provided
This kayak trip is approximately 3 hours long.
Up to 16 people per guided tour.
This experience is only for those on the kayak tour.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
It is recommended to bring a hat, sunscreen, lip balm, sunglasses, and a change of clothes.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 30 days prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 30 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
What is the guide to participant ratio?
The tour typically has a ratio of 7 participants to 1 guide.
Do I need kayaking experience?
No experience is necessary. The Texas Paddling Trail is a network of paddling trails perfect for beginners.
Will I have my own kayak?
Due to the length of this tour, parties of 2 or more will be encouraged to ride in a tandem kayak. Single kayaks will be available for single riders, however the guides may direct you to pair with another rider.
Should I bring food?
Water will be provided and it is up to your discretion to bring snacks with you. The tour will last approximately 3 hours and is not considered strenuous.
What should I bring or wear?
It is recommended to bring a hat, sunscreen, lipbalm, sunglasses and a change of clothes for after your tour.
Other Houston Gift Ideas:(View all 34 Houston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Race a Ferrari 430 ScuderiaAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $492
- Race a Lamborghini SuperleggeraAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $492
- Downtown Food TourAvg Rating of: 4(4)From: $68
- The Heights Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(2)From: $67
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $86
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $550
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Galveston Bay Sailing CharterFrom: $325
- Porsche Thrill RideFrom: $106
- All Houston Experiences
"Great day in total. Perfect weather, reasonably good equipment, nice setting, and friendly participants and guide. He was helpful, thoughtful, safety-conscious, and reasonably informative. Wouldn't have minded if he provided a bit more content about the places we paddled; local history, current environmental challenges/initiatives, local flora, etc. The guide's strength was his knowledge of the local fauna encountered. One helpful logistics item would be for the kayak company to hand out or email a page size map from their business of the location. "