Corvette Racing - Half Day
GrandSport Speedway, Houston, TX
Year Round; Select Dates
Click here for Schedule
- 16 years of experience with 1,000's of satisfied students
- 405 horse power, race ready corvette capable of 152 mph and 0-60 in 4.8 seconds
- 45 minutes of actual racing time!
- No experience necessary
If you want to experience the thrill of corvette racing, but don't have time for our full day experience, this is for you.
Experience the thrill and excitement of pushing a race ready Corvette to the limit and feel the unmatched V-8 power, handling and sex appeal of this American icon.
After a brief classroom session covering, car dynamics, drivers dynamics, car balance, skid characteristics, safety and basic race rules - the on track fun begins.
Your professional driver coach will take you step by step through three 15 minute sessions with you driving at racing speed!
Participants must have a valid driver's license, at least 1 year of driving experience, and must be able to drive a manual (stick shift) transmission.
Insurance on the race car can be purchased directly from your provider after the experience has been booked.
18 per session
Yes! Friends and family are certainly welcome to come watch from a safe distance in the spectator area. Don't forget to bring a camera!
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing with narrow, thin soled shoes no open toed shoes. A driving suite and helmet will be provided.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rebooking are allowed up to 60 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and rebook at least 60 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
How long will I actually be driving the car?
You will be on the track for around 3-4 hours and physically driving the car for about 45 minutes or three 15 minute sessions.
How many instructors will there be?
There is typically one instructor for every four students.
Is passing allowed?
Passing is not allowed during the first session.
Do I need to know how to drive a stick shift?
Yes. These cars have manual transmission.
Tell me about the car.
Late Model Corvette Motorsport Racecar
* Chevy 350 LS-1
* 6 Spd tremec transmission
* 3000 lbs
* Coupe body
* Corvette C-5 Race Suspension
Front A-Arms w/transverse spring
Rear independant w/transverse spring
* 4 wheel disc brakes
* Street Radial Tires on 17"/18" Aluminum wheels
* Composite body
Other Houston Experiences:(View all 35 Houston experiences)
- Race a Ferrari F430From: $429Avg Rating of: 4-half(3)
- Race a Ferrari 458 ItaliaFrom: $515
- Race a Lamborghini LP 560-4From: $395Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Race a Lamborghini LP 570-4From: $479
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $580Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- Romantic Dinner CruiseFrom: $95Avg Rating of: 4-half(6)
- Houston Pub Crawl TourFrom: $80Avg Rating of: 4(3)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(34)
- All Houston Experiences
- Gift Certificates