- Your friendly and knowledgeable guide will lead you on a tour through some of Houston's most historic locales
- Stop at some of the most atmospheric bars and legendary buildings dating back to 1861
- Learn local history as you hear tales of ghosts, murder and local celebrities
- After learning historical and architectural information on this pub tour, you'll be feeling like a Houston local in no time!
Delve into the history and pubs that define one of America's busiest downtown areas on this unique Houston Pub Crawl.
Your walking tour begins at Public Services Wine and Whiskey Bar in the old cotton exchange building. The exchange was ground zero for cotton sales in Houston and from where cotton was shipped all over the world.
The tour continues past buildings from the 1880s, legendary local businesses, a dog park, a garden memorial for a 9/11 victim, and remains of historic buildings and sidewalks.
The next stop, Market Square Park, is surrounded by bars and pubs nestled inside historic buildings. Some of these establishments include La Carafe, the Hearsay Gastro Lounge, Char-Bar, Warrens Inn, and Market Square Bar & Grill.
Stop in at Dean's Downtown on Main Street and check out the oldest elevator in Texas before learning about a former Houston Mayor who didn't want to pay dowry's for his 12 daughters!Note: Tour itinerary is subject to change. Pricing for this tour does not include the cost of food and beverages, but no need to worry, you will be able to purchase refreshments of your choice at each establishment visited.
- All participants must be at least 21 years of age with valid identification (driver's license or passport will be required)
- Due to the age and size of the bars and restaurants, descriptions and history will be detailed outside the establishments
- There are numerous restaurants in the area for you to eat at before or after the tour
- Price does not include the cost of drinks, food or gratuity for your guide
- Gratuity is appreciated if you enjoy your experience
Approximately 3 hours
Up to 16 participants will be on the tour. For groups larger than 6 people, please call Cloud 9 Living for pricing.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
Tours run rain or shine. There will be no cancellations due to weather unless experience provider cancels the tour due to safety concerns.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable shoes and dress appropriately for the weather as the tour takes place primarily outdoors.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance of intended date.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given but rescheduling your experience is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
How many establishments will we visit?
You'll stop at 4 of Houston's historic locations along this tour and will have the option to purchase drinks at all of the stops. The fourth and final stop will have food and alcohol available for purchase.
Are the costs of food or drink included in the tour?
No, drinks and appetizers along the tour are the responsibility of tour participants.
Other Houston Gift Ideas:(View all 37 Houston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Race a Ferrari F430From: $421Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Race a Ferrari 458 ItaliaFrom: $505Avg Rating of: 4-half(3)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $550Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Downtown Food TourFrom: $59Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- The Heights Food TourFrom: $65
- Romantic Dinner CruiseFrom: $96Avg Rating of: 4-half(9)
- Houston Pub Crawl TourFrom: $70Avg Rating of: 4(3)
- Race a Lamborghini LP 560-4From: $399Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- All Houston Experiences
"I went on this tour with my dad. We really had a great time together. However, I'd like the tour to move a swifter pace or maybe some itinery would have been provided so that we knew how long we would be at each location."
"The experience was a delight. Our tour guide was friendly, knowledgeable, and articulate. As a local, I did not think I was going to get much out of this tour, but was pleasantly surprised. The only issue I had was that when I was booking the tour, I was made to feel that we should not have booked on the night requested because there was only 2 of us. If your company prefers it that way, might I suggest you put it on the website, or tell the couple that night is not available. Other than that, everything was amazing."
"I enjoyed the experience because the group I was with was a lot of fun. Our guide Kerenda was very nice, but very hard to understand because of her soft spoken nature. Great fun, but it was because we made the best of it."