Blackhorse Golf Club; Cypress, TX
Weekdays only, pending instructor & course availability
- Learn skills that range from how to reading terrain and hitting from challenging lies to shot & club selection, course management and more
- Learn from PGA Professional Marty Fleckman, the 2007 Teacher of the Year for the Southern Texas PGA
- Includes cart & green fees
- The best way to take what you've perfected on the range to the course!
Often following golf lessons on the driving range, golfers find themselves asking "I had the perfect swing on the range, why can't I seem to transfer my skills to the golf course?"
With a Playing Lesson from PGA Professional Marty Fleckman, you'll learn how to actually play the game of golf.
Although swing mechanics are important, there is much more to being a successful golfer. With a Playing Lesson, you'll get out onto the course with your instructor and learn skills including:
- How to hit from different lies on the course (i.e. uphill, downhill, sidehill, etc..)
- Proper stance for various shots on the course
- Shot selection & club selection
- Course management and how to avoid trouble areas on the course
- Judgement of distances
Marty Fleckman is a PGA Class A Pro, and received the prestigious 2007 Teacher of the Year award for the Southern Texas PGA. Marty has been inducted into the Texas Golf Hall of Fame, and in 2006 was inducted into the University of Houston Hall of Fame.
Marty is a PGA teaching professional endorsed by legendary instructor Jim Hardy, and breaks the game of golf down for his students into its elements to teach you to play it the way it should be played. Marty helps students develop effective pre-shot routines to properly aim and line up your shot, and teaches the concepts of course management.
In 1964 Marty won the Texas State Amateur Championship, and he won the 1965 NCAA individual championship while attending University of Houston. A member of the United States Walker Cup team in 1967, Marty is one of only four players in the history of the PGA Tour to win his first tour event.
Includes cart & green fees for the duration of your lesson.
Approximately 2 hours for the 9 Hole option and approximately 4 hours for the 18 Hole option.
This experience is weather dependent. In the event of possible inclement weather, please contact your instructor.
What to Wear:
Appropriate golf attire including a collared or mock neck shirts, spikeless golf shoes, and slacks or Bermuda shorts.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings 2 weeks in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given but you may reschedule your lesson with at least 72 hours notice to your instructor.
Other Houston Gift Ideas:(View all 29 Houston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $550Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Downtown Food TourFrom: $59Avg Rating of: 5(1)
- The Heights Food TourFrom: $65
- Romantic Dinner CruiseFrom: $96Avg Rating of: 4-half(12)
- Houston Pub Crawl TourFrom: $70Avg Rating of: 4-half(4)
- Fighter Pilot for a DayFrom: $1,395Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- Armand Bayou Kayak TourFrom: $103
- Galveston Bay Sailing CharterFrom: $325
- All Houston Experiences
"Coach Marty Fleckman was just awesome. He was just great. He helped me with my swing and I am swinging better than I have ever had. "
"Marty was great!"