The Heights Food Tour
Saturdays - 2:30 PM
Discover the historic neighborhoods and the delicious cuisine of the area on a 2.5-hour tour of the famous Heights neighborhoods near Houston!
- Tour providers have been featured in the Houston Chronicle, on Saveur.com and FoxNews.com
- Sample tastings that may include house cured meats and local cheeses, gourmet hot dogs, hand made pastas, wood fired pizza and gelato
- Traverse the sidewalks of neighborhoods dating back to the 1800's and discover why locals and visitors alike love the mom and pop shops, eclectic restaurants and unique architecture!
Visit the Northeast corner of Downtown Houston and enjoy a cultural and architectural culinary tour through the Heights neighborhoods!
Your friendly and knowledgeable guide will lead you on a 2.5-hour walking food tour through the Houston neighborhoods dating back to the 1800's. Enjoy stops at the mom and pop style shops, eclectic restaurants and take in views of the unique buildings and century old bungalows.
Sample dishes and an alcoholic beverage at a number of local restaurants and stops that may include (subject to change):
- House cured meats
- Local cheeses
- Gourmet hot dogs
- Hand made pasta
- Wood-fired pizza
- Housemade gelato
Stroll the streets of the historic neighborhoods with the help of an experienced guide to lead the way on The Heights Food Tour near Houston!
- Participants should expect to walk approximately 1 mile at a leisurely pace
- All food and drink tastings are included
- If participants have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking
- Participants will visit various restaurants which, collectively, will happily fill most stomachs as a progressive meal
- Gratuity for tour guide is not included, but is appreciated if you enjoy this experience
Approximately 2.5 hours
Participants are accompanied by others, there may be a maximum of 12 people per tour.
This experience is only for those on the tour.
This experience is not weather dependent. In the rare event of a cancellation due to severe weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothes appropriate for the weather. Participants will be walking for a large portion of the tour, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes.
It is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance for this tour.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final and no cancellations or rescheduling will be allowed.
How much food is served on the tour?
The amount of food served on the tour will typically fill most stomachs. Tastings may include cured meats, local cheese, wood fired pizza and more!
What if I have dietary restrictions?
If participants have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please notify Cloud 9 Living at the time of booking. Accommodations can typically be made with enough notice. Also be sure to check with your tour guide during the tour.
Will we just walk around and sample food?
No, this tour provides history of the local area and architecture, an insider's look into the culture of the Heights neighborhood and offers delicious tastings of local cuisine.
Is gratuity included in the price of this tour?
Gratuity is not included in the price of the experience, but is appreciated if you enjoy your tour.
Is this experience weather dependent?
This food tour will run in rain or shine. In the rare event that a tour has to be cancelled due to severe weather, you will reschedule directly with the experience provider.
Are there any age restrictions?
All ages are welcome on the tour, however please keep in mind that there is a good amount of walking involved and the tour lasts approximately 2.5 hours. This tour may not be ideal for younger children.
Other Houston Gift Ideas:(View all 29 Houston experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Downtown Food TourAvg Rating of: 4(4)From: $68
- The Heights Food TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(3)From: $67
- Indoor SkydivingAvg Rating of: 5(4)From: $86
- Playing Lesson with a PGA ProAvg Rating of: 5(3)From: $550
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Galveston Bay Sailing CharterFrom: $325
- Romantic Dinner for 2From: $569
- Personal Chef for an EveningFrom: $821
- Houston Pub Crawl TourAvg Rating of: 4-half(5)From: $70
- All Houston Experiences
"Gino was awesome! She was knowledgeable and genuine. She definitely heightened the experience!"
"Tour was fun, guide was great and told some cool facts/stories about the Heights and Houston that I didn't know even living here most of my life. Only issue was that for some reason they did not receive my dietary restriction, so I really didn't have anything to try at the first location. That was disappointing but appeared to be just a mix-up because there was a vegan on the tour who received specialized tastings."
"Our host John was extremely friendly and personable, and we had a great tour with him. Due to a family emergency, we had our 3-year-old granddaughter with us, and both the phone representative and John were very accommodating and welcoming to allow us to bring her along. Food was fantastic and we will be visiting several of the restaurants again. Please apologize to John -- until we were driving away, I did not realize my husband had taken John's personal pizza when John had offered the leftovers from Coltivare. My apologies because my husband was too busy enjoying his gelato to hear the story about how the pizza arrived at our table. But needless to say it was very good and my husband enjoyed it for lunch the next day. Appreciated John remembering about the seafood allergies for one of our group. Very personal attention to details! Would highly recommend the tour. Helped that it was a gorgeous day for a walk through The Heights. This was a Christmas gift from our son, and we were pleased to let him know how much we enjoyed it - - we sent him the Houston mural pic of us that John took. Again another great touch!"