Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Indianapolis, IN
Select Dates In July 2016 Only:
July 15, 16, 17
* 2017 dates to be announced
Get ready to experience NASCAR racing like never before with the Drive a NASCAR experience at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway! Strap on your helmet and buckle up. It’s time for the thrill of a lifetime!
- Drive full-size, 600 horsepower Sprint Cup style stock cars
- Hit top racing speeds up to 160 MPH!
- Includes race car driving suit, helmet, and driving instruction
- Options range from 8 to 24 laps of racing (don’t worry, even 8 laps is a long time at 150+ MPH!)
- Receive a graduation pack including a detailed lap time sheet and certificate with your top speed
If you’ve always dreamed of being a race car driver, this is the experience for you! Get behind the wheel of a real Sprint Cup style stock car, and race around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway just like the pros!
Your experience will start with a safety overview and driving instruction, teaching you how to master the track’s driving line, acceleration and deceleration points, and following distances.
Now it’s time to take control of your race car. Get ready to put the pedal to the metal, and experience an adrenaline rush only known to the drivers in the NASCAR racing world!
To ensure that you get the most out of your driving experience, you’ll have your own racing instructor riding in the passenger seat, providing your with feedback, and coaching via a two-way radio system.
Upon completion of your experience, there will be a Closing Ceremony where you’ll receive a graduation pack, including a detailed lap-time sheet, and an official graduation certificate showing your top speed reached.About the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to race on one of the elite superspeedways in the country! Built in 1909, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is known as the first racing facility and is still the highest-capacity sports venue in the world! This 2.5-mile track is home to the famous Indy 500 and Brickyard 400. Get out on the track for yourself, and discover the thrills of racing on one of the fastest tracks on the NASCAR circuit!
- Participants must be in good overall physical condition and be able to climb through a 15" x 30" wide window that sits 36" from the ground
- Driving suits are available up to size 4XL
- Participants must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver's license
- All participants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- It's recommended to be able to drive a manual (stick shift) transmission, but a push-start is available if needed
- Photo and In-Car Video DVDs are available for purchase at the track
- Photo packages start at approximately $20 and DVDs at $89
- Experience price includes $39 driver's fee that releases the driver from any liability "...for most damage caused to the car resulting from and incident/crash at the track. Only in the event that a driver intentionally or negligently fails to follow instructions which leads to an incident/crash will the racing school seek financial recompense for resulting damage to the vehicle"
For 8 Lap packages, approximately 2.5 - 3 hours For 16 Lap packages, approximately 3 - 3.5 hours For 24 Lap packages, approximately 3 - 4 hours
1 per car
Absolutely! The track has a special seating area set up where family and friends can watch, and don't forget a camera to capture your experience!
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact your experience provider in the event of inclement weather. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather, you will be given the option to reschedule for a mutually agreeable date or be issued a rain certificate.
What to Wear:
Comfortable, weather appropriate attire that will be comfortable under your driver's suit, and closed toed shoes. No sandals, flip-flops or heels.
For this experience we recommend booking at least 30 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, all bookings are final. No refunds or exchanges are allowed once you have scheduled a date. For rescheduling more than 30 days prior to your scheduled experience date, a $75 fee will be charged. No cancellations or rescheduling may be made less than 30 days prior to your scheduled experience date.
What types of cars are used?
600 horsepower Sprint Cup style stock cars that have 4 speed manual transmissions.
Is passing allowed?
For safety and liability reasons passing is not allowed. There are 3-4 cars on the track at one time but everyone is spread apart. The coordinator keeps tracks of each car's individual speed and times/choreographs everything so that the faster car will not be held up by the slower one.
What is provided and what do I need to bring?
All participants are provided with a regulation helmet and safety device, as well as a driver's suit. Participants need to wear socks, closed-toed shoes, and clothes that will be comfortable under the driver's suit.
Are there weight or height restrictions?
Not exactly; however, the cars do not have doors. Participants must have the ability to climb through a 15" high by 30" wide window that sits 36" from the ground. Driving suits are available up to size 3XL.
Are there age restrictions?
Participants must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver's license, and must be able to drive a manual (stick shift) transmission.
Are foods or beverages available at the track?
Snacks and refreshments are available for purchase at the merchandise trailer.
Are any photo or video packages of my experience available?
Yes, DVDs of your experience taken from an in-car video camera are available for purchase directly at the track starting at approximately $89, and photo packages of your experience are available starting at approximately $20.
Can I bring guests?
Friends and family are more than welcome. The more the merrier! There is a viewing area right behind pit road where they can watch. They are also welcome to bring their cameras and camcorders with them to take pictures and video from that viewing area.
Other Indianapolis Gift Ideas:(View all 32 Indianapolis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Learn to FlyFrom: $305
- Learn to Fly a HelicopterFrom: $159
- Aerobatic Biplane Thrill RideAvg Rating of: 5(26)From: $220
- Drive a NASCAR - Indy SpeedwayAvg Rating of: 4(4)From: $588
- NASCAR Ride Along - IndyAvg Rating of: 5(13)From: $135
- Ultimate Zip Line Adventure Course - Indianapolis, INAvg Rating of: 5(1)From: $58
- Zipline Canopy Tour - Nashville, INFrom: $75
- Massachusetts Avenue Food TourAvg Rating of: 5(11)From: $55
- Fountain Square Food TourFrom: $65
- All Indianapolis Experiences
"My wife gave this experience. Dealing with the Cloud 9 Living folks was easy. The driving school was absolutely amazing. Three words describe my driving experience: Oh. My. Gosh! Thanks Cloud 9 Living for helping make it happen!"
"The Driving Experience was supposed to be eight laps at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It turned out to be six laps, and one of those was interrupted by having to move over to allow a faster car to pass. The first lap was called a warm-up and the last lap was a cool-down. The warm-up lap is not too bad, since you actually get to accelerate after going through turn 2, so you get about 3/4th of a lap but on the cool-down lap you are told to pull over and coast after turn 2 so from beginning to end, the last lap is only 1/4th of a lap. So you get seven laps. For the kind of money you are paying, the cool-down should be after you finish a full eight laps, and that is only if you are not told to pull over to let another car go by."
"It was very exciting and it was a great thrill. I thought we would be able to drive by ourselves but that is ok. I did everything I was ask to do by the instructor but I wasn't able to drive as fast as I wanted to, he controlled the power in the corners and possibly the straightaways which disappointed me, but I tried to understand from their viewpoint to err on the side of safety. Overall I thought it was very enjoyable."