Fly Fishing School
March - September
Click Here for Schedule
- Learn the basics of fly-fishing from a friendly and knowledgeable instructor
- Learn fly-fishing equipment and knots, fly casting and still-water fly fishing, moving water and stream techniques
- No prior fly-fishing experience necessary
- Upon completion, you'll be able to enjoy the art of fly fishing on your own
Designed for the beginner, this class will have you learning the basics of fly fishing in three easy phases to allow you to gain the most out of each session.
- Phase one, which is a group class with a set time, will offer you an introduction to fly fishing, the essential equipment necessary to get started, and instruction on the basic knots involved. This phase should answer any questions that you have about fly fishing.
- The Second phase will be taught individually to the student by appointment. Your instructor will meet you at a local pond and provide you basic pond/lake fishing techniques which will give you the tools to do it on your own.
- The third and final phase is also individual instruction scheduled by appointment. During this phase you will learn casting and techniques used to fish streams and other moving water.
Participants must be at least 10 years of age.
Prior fishing experience is not necessary.
Participants must possess a valid Indiana fishing license. Your experience provider will provide all necessary equipment; however, if you prefer to use your own, that is fine too.
Sessions will vary 2 - 4 hours
Phase 1 is held as a large class; phase 2 and 3, there is a maximum of 2 people.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
It is recommended to wear comfortable clothing to the classroom sessions and quick drying clothes for any time on the water.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Once you have received a booking confirmation, cancellations and rescheduling are allowed up to 14 days prior to the Experience. Failure to appear on your booked date or to cancel and reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your Experience.
Why should I buy this experience from Cloud 9 Living?
Customers sometimes ask why they should buy an experience gift from Cloud 9 Living, rather than directly from the experience provider or another company. The answer is simple - WE DO GIFTING RIGHT!
No Risk, No Worries - Gift giving is meant to be fun, not stressful. That's why we've come up with flexible policies like free exchanges, and 30 day refunds.
Best in Class - We vet all our experience providers to ensure your gift recipient is in great hands. We check their years in business, awards, certifications, safety record, and constantly monitor customer reviews. Rest assured, they're AWESOME!
Exchanges - With over 1,800 experiences nationwide, we've got something for everyone. So if your gift recipient decides they'd like to exchange the experience you gave them for another of our 1,800+ amazing experiences - no problem!
Looking to book this experience when you purchase?
No need, give the perfect gift and let them choose their date. If you'd like to buy and book, simply give us a call at (866) 525-6839.
Other Indianapolis Gift Ideas:(View all 27 Indianapolis experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Stock Car Ride Along - IndyFrom: $159
- Drive a Stock Car - Indy SpeedwayFrom: $619
- Massachusetts Avenue Food TourFrom: $75Avg Rating of: 5(4)
- Aerobatic Biplane Thrill RideFrom: $220Avg Rating of: 5(12)
- Dragster Thrill RideFrom: $175
- Drive a DragsterFrom: $379
- Hot Air Balloon RideFrom: $279Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Private Balloon Ride for 2From: $729Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- SpaFinder Wellness Gift CertificateFrom: $100
- All Indianapolis Experiences